Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Eating Problems.. AGAIN!

Post Thanks / Like

The ZiwiPeak is great food, but really pricey! You could sprinkle it on the top of her regular food to entice her to eat, yet save some money. I have a picky eater and I use a cheese grater to grate the Natural Balance dried sausage roll on top of her food. I use the beef one because it's the stinkiest!
    Holly, Oliver, Rosalita, and Scarlett

Post Thanks / Like

the Ziwi one looks really expensive.
    Im sure shed love it.......its better than the stuff yad feed yourself!

try addding a smalll bit of warm water to the kibblw when feeding,itll bring ou the aroma and make it more smelly and appetiizing.

what food are you giving her?if she doesnt like the kibble try another one as long as its a good quality.

Post Thanks / Like

The dog we had before was on a special food for sensitive digestive systems, and it was really bland. She didn't really like it at first, and the vet said to heat it up (canned) and sprinkle parmesan cheese on it (both the canned and the dry).

It took awhile -- weeks, maybe months? -- before she started to regularly eat it. But eventually she did eat it, because she was hungry and had no choice! She also wasn't getting ANY other kinds of food, no treats, no human food scraps, we were even careful about what we let fall to the floor. Her system was so sensitive.

Anyway, I agree with what everyone else has said here, but make sure you keep track of the days that are going by. I imagine your vet will probably ask you exactly how long she's been doing this. Sometimes a behaviorial/stubborness issue just has to resolve itself. And if it's a medical issue, I'm sure they will also want to know what the timeline is. Might help to keep a journal.

Hope that everything is okay with her physically and that she's just trying to make life interesting!
    Cari

Lucky -- M Blenheim 9/28/10