• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Do you do something special with your Cavalier

anniemac

Every night I sing a song to Ella before we go to sleep. She starts to close her eyes and it's our special moment. Does anyone else do something with their baby?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Every morning when we wake up, before getting out of bed, Penny gets on her back for a really thorough belly scratch and rub. She really enjoys it, and so do I!

Every night after our human dinner, it is play time with Coco. She surely anticipates it and loves the routine :) We also have a morning routing where she gets lots of belly rubs before getting out of bed.

Oh how they thrive on routine!

When we put Chamberlain to sleep we say "Bed Time" and make him lay down on his bed and give him a treat.

EDIT:

Chamberlain now sleeps in bed with us. We just love having him with us! His favorite place to sleep is between the two of us. But he always ends up snuggling up to me and if I move in the middle of the night he has to kiss my face to make sure I am okay. lol

Last edited:
After the day is done we all pile on the couch and snuggle for a while and watch a bit of tv. Both Bob and Belle know when it's time to go into the living room for the night, after we say our goodnights to our little girl, both doglets sit patiently by the living room door, waiting to go in!

My old Megan (12 at the end of November) is sadly totally deaf, so every time when I've finished grooming her, she puts her head on my shoulder and I give her long gentle body strokes with my hands while humming silly tunes into the top of her head, in the hope that she can "hear" the vibrations at least.

She seem to love it, so I guess it must have some effect :xfngr:

My old Megan (12 at the end of November) is sadly totally deaf, so every time when I've finished grooming her, she puts her head on my shoulder and I give her long gentle body strokes with my hands while humming silly tunes into the top of her head, in the hope that she can "hear" the vibrations at least.

She seem to love it, so I guess it must have some effect :xfngr:

That is so sweet it made me tear up

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Aww.. Anne, the singing is so sweet. All the little gestures are touching to read about... Cavies are so special !!!!
Some off my favorite things to do;
Cuddle in the couch, play piano while Blondie sleeps on my lap or next to me on the chair and ofcourse the never ending belly rubs which she loooooves. :)

My little 5 year old boy, Parker loves to play peek a boo with the cushions, he gets so excited and pushes the pillow off my face so he can see me......;)

He also loves nursery rhymes ....he barks along to me singing but not sure if it's just I'm so out of tune!!

Moo and Parker

warm warm warmin' up

After I take a shower, I typically sit on the floor and let Otis (my five month old ruby) sit on my lap while I blow dry my hair. He enjoys the heat, the silly boy!!!!! :biggrin:

After I take a shower, I typically sit on the floor and let Otis (my five month old ruby) sit on my lap while I blow dry my hair. He enjoys the heat, the silly boy!!!!! :biggrin:

Chamberlain sits in the bathroom while I shower and get ready too...only he loves to sleep on my PJ's from the night before.

On going to bed Ben has a 10 to 20 minute mad period in which he must play and be played with, he has a little blanket that he has had from a pup. He chews it and runs about with it or he jumps off the bed with it yaps until we take it from him so he can jump back on the bed after it.
This really is a nightly ritual that we must do until he becomes tired. Ben is has just turned 9 but during this period acts like a very energetic pup.

These are so cute! Every morning I take a bath and Ella sits in the bathroom and she will put her paws on the tub like she wants to jump in. These Cavaliers are so cute!

These are so cute! Every morning I take a bath and Ella sits in the bathroom and she will put her paws on the tub like she wants to jump in. These Cavaliers are so cute!

Too funny! So does Chamberlain, he hates that he can't see me or touch me! He always helps with drying me off.

Chamberlain sits in the bathroom while I shower and get ready too...only he loves to sleep on my PJ's from the night before.

Cute... Flash can't stand for me to be out of his sight for even a moment. So when I shower he has learned to open the sliding shower door just enough to push his nose threw. He will sit there the whole time waiting for me. He doesn't even seem phased by the splashing water on his face. When I get out I have to dry his face and ears.

Cute... Flash can't stand for me to be out of his sight for even a moment. So when I shower he has learned to open the sliding shower door just enough to push his nose threw. He will sit there the whole time waiting for me. He doesn't even seem phased by the splashing water on his face. When I get out I have to dry his face and ears.

Too funny!!!! cl*p

I knew Cavaliers LOVED their owners but I had no idea that he would be this fascinated with me! I love it though and wouldnt trade it for a second!

Chamberlain loves my husband but when my husband takes Chamberlain out to go potty and I stay inside, Chamberlain stares at me with these longing eyes like my husband is removing him from my care!

And if I leave the room for five minutes and I come back in, it’s like I have been to war and I am returning after a year’s absence, he is so happy to see me!

Back