• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Christmas Fair Stall

Spangly

After much worrying we decided to go ahead with our Christmas Fair at the Tithe Barn in the village where I live. I was Co-ordinator this year:yikes , as well as providing their Tombola stall (proceeds to Tithe Barn funds) and my own stall for Ruperts fund!
My sister and I have been knitting like mad since September when I decided to have a theme of all things gnomes and elves.
I was pleased with how the stall looked, we also make crackers for dogs and cats, christmas cards, handbag facecloths, overnight bags for men (new this year!!!?),homemade gingernut truffles in little handbag shaped boxes and we had Ruperts and lots of Tania`s christmas cards to sell.
We had -8 deg the night before and 14 inches of snow had fallen during the previous week, but we were so lucky because so many people still slithered their way on the treacherous roads and paths to support us. Our stall made £220.00 :rah:for Ruperts fund, which I am sending to Tania for her to forward to Penny Knowler.
Sorry this is a long post but, I am so relieved after so much hard work that it all went so well!

CONGRATULATIONS Christine :*nana::*nana::*nana: that was a fantastic effort and a wonderful amount of money to raise - we are so pleased (y)(y)

Please thank your sister too - it sounds like both of you have been very busy...but it's worth it to raise that much money, also don't forget that you are raising awareness which is just as valuable.

Any photos?? Would love to see what you have been making.

The weather sounds atrocious so you did amazingly well to raise that money, I'm sure less people will have been out and about.

WOW, Christine that's an amazing success, especially under the awful weather circumstances in your neck of the woods. Well done to all concerned. :-D

If there are any items left over, could they go into the Rupert's Fund auction perhaps?

:wggle:

Hi,

This is absolutely brilliant. We would love to see some photos.. well done.
:w*w:b*n*n*b*n*n*

The auction! Oh gosh, I`m sorry I`ve packed the remaining things in the loft for next season! My husband was getting a bit fed up of the hall, dining room and 2 bedrooms full of boxes since September, so I promised him to sort them out on Sun. I feel awful now, I wish I`d thought of that before. Our loft is one where we have to bring in a step ladder and he has to climb in - there`s no way I can do it - my legs are not long enough!:eek:

Don't worry Christine, we are having another auction in the Spring so perhaps you would be kind enough to keep a few bits for that for us?

Congratulations! What a great success! Preparing for something like that is all-consuming, I know. Glad to know it worked out for you:)

I have only just read this.

Christine, you are such a wonderful fund raiser.cl*p

So much time and effort must have gone into running such a successful stall.

People like you and your sister are the true lovers of cavaliers.

Back