Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Getting our New Puppy Tomorrow

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by love2driveinct View Post
    My husband started to like the name Teddy when he realized we could name him after Tedy Bruschi, the retired Patriots football player. Did you notice Brady on the list, too?

Ooo just picked that up! We are big Patriots and Red Sox fans! My husband would have loved to name Chamberlain the "Passion" or "Ortiz" or "Schilling!"
    Mommy to....

Chamberlain (10 month Male Blenheim Cavalier)
    Sasha (6 year old Female Great Pyrennes)

Post Thanks / Like

We have a 6 y/o blenheim named Rusty. When we once visited a pet store with our then 3 year old son, we saw a dog named Rusty and saw how much our son liked it. Of course, we didn't buy from a pet store but, when we went to a breeder a year later, we knew we would name him Rusty.

But don't pick a name that sounds like one of the family members. We have another son named Justin and when we are calling him (or Rusty), it gets confusing. Friends with a husband named Ari nixed the dog name Ollie for the same reason. Good luck!
    Rusty is our first dog - a blenheim CKCS born 1/05 (we have had him since 5/05) who is 30lbs and 19" at 22 months.

Post Thanks / Like

Can't wait to see some pictures

I do like Teddy for a name too.
    Paula - mum to Murphy(6) & Misty(7), and Jerry our cat.

Post Thanks / Like

Teddy is such a cute name. After all, Cavaliers are just cuddly adorable Teddy Bears. You must be so excited, can't wait to see some photos.

Tania and The Three Cavaliers!
    Dotty!- A Sweet Little Tri
    Molly - Pretty Tri Dougall - Gorgeous Blenheim

Post Thanks / Like

Ohh congrats! Nothing more awful than going through the anxiety and anticipation of bringing home your new baby. But oh how it feels great to get them home

I like the name Teddy, but honestly with your lifestyle, Rusty seems like a rugged and outdoorsy name. I really like it. Teddy is sweet and cute, Rusty is ready to go, play, and be a farm dog!

Good luck with choosing a name. My puppy was just named "Puppy" for almost two whole weeks before we decided on Coco

Post Thanks / Like

Thanks everyone! At least I know we are considering names that most people would react positively to.

Chamberlain -- when you mentioned you were flying home and the flight was short, I wondered if you were from New England. So are we, just living in Maryland temporarily. We are from southeastern CT and I grew up in MA on the South Shore.

Anticipation is building, but I feel like I have so much left to do! After reading Dr. Dunbar's tips, I had to make another run to Petsmart to get some Kongs and freeze-dried liver treats. I'm still setting things up and washing things, and I still have to make dinner, bring my son to basketball practice, and get the crock-pot ready for tomorrow since I'll be gone all day. And somewhere in there I'll hopefully catch some of the football game.

Post Thanks / Like

When we got Rylie I let everyone have a vote on the name but mine was the only one that counted My son only lives at home during the summer so his vote of Brutus got discounted and my husband really didn't care.
    Mindy Tri - Feb/97
    Max - Ruby - Sep/08
    Rylie - B&T - June/09

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Somewhat off topic...I PM'ed you a few days ago asking about breeders as I'm browsing for breeders in the US. I think you may not have noticed, they aren't prominent if you don't know where to look. But I'm extremely curious now because one breeder that I've contacted had a male Blenheim who would be ready to go home on the seventh. We aren't allowed to discuss breeders in the forum, so please send by private message.

Congratulations on the new puppy, they are such a joy.

Post Thanks / Like

Well, we are home! Everything went great. I was showered with attention from all of the Cavaliers at the breeder's house, and I knew at the moment that I was truly in love with this breed.

We haven't named him yet, calling him "baby" or "puppy" for now until we see what he is like. Will probably settle on something within a day or so.

Right now he's trying out some short-term confinement in his crate, with his kong stuffed with kibble. He's still whiney and confused right now, but I wanted to get him used to the routine as quickly as possible.

The kids are thrilled -- all said that he was cuter in person than they could've imagined!

Cari

Post Thanks / Like

I can't wait to see pictures!

What's his coloring?

I didn't take me more then a day to fall in love with the breed too!
    Last edited by Chamberlain; 8th December 2010 at 05:48 PM.
    Mommy to....

Chamberlain (10 month Male Blenheim Cavalier)
    Sasha (6 year old Female Great Pyrennes)