• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Grumpy Old William

Margaret C

I thought I was okay about losing William, he was an old boy, but every time I came onto the forum to write about his death I found it impossible without welling up.

Our old boy was put to sleep on Friday. His rubbing around the furniture and scratching had got worse so he went onto Gabapentin. That made him very unsteady and his back legs started letting him down. He still managed to climb the pet steps onto the sofa, but descending was a problem. He would bark for me to come and help him down.

Lyrica ( thank you Tania for sending it ) helped a little but eventually it became clear there was not going to be enough of an improvement.

William was 14 years old last month, a son of Monty, my Ch. Mareve Indiana.
He was my Mother's dog. He came to me when she became ill & died. A last link with her.

My husband gave him the nickname because William liked to guard his treat for hours before chewing it. During that time he would be under siege from half a dozen little Japanese Chin fluffies. His warning growls became part of every day life.

William was PTS at Cambridge. He has donated cell tissue samples for research. His ashes will be scattered on the Norfolk beach, joining those of all the other dogs I have lost over the years.
RIP William.

Dear Margaret we are so very sorry to hear about precious William :(

It's very hard to lose an older companion, they have been part of your life for so long and there is such an understanding between you.

I'm sure it's made worse in that he was a very strong link to your Mother too.

He had a wonderful long life and was lucky to have been looked after so well. :flwr:

Thank you for donating him for the research - a hard thing to do but a comfort in the weeks ahead and so very important for this very valuable research project. There is more information about the project in Margaret's blog.

I'm so sorry to hear of William's passing. 14 years is a wonderful age and both you and your mother must have cherished every one of them with him.It's hard to say goodbye to a great old character,but his gift to research will undoubtedly bring some comfort to you.
Sins

Margaret, so sorry to hear about William but how blessed to live to the ripe old age of 14. We all send :hug:

Carol, Paul ,Elise and Kaley

Oh Margaret, I'm so sorry. What a great age, 14. He was a gift to you and now he can give a gift to researching for SM. My heart goes out to you. Run free on Norfolk Beach, Grumpy William!

Oh Margaret, so sorry to read of William`s passing. Fourteen years is a good age, but must be so hard for you as he was part of your late mother`s life. Thinking of you and sending you big hugs.:hug:

William might have been a little grumpy guarding his treats but what a sweet little boy he really was. I am so sorry Margaret, sending you lots of hugs :hug:

Hello Margaret

Your loss of Sweet William is our loss ,we all grieve with you at this time of losing one of our own .Our sincerest thoughts to you at this sad time.:(
brian

Margaret, I don't know what to say to you on reading this sad news. Bless you for all you have done for William, for all the little tales shared on this forum and for all your great dignity and courage.

Loving thoughts from me and mine
Flowerspoog.gif
and sleep tight, little man
RIPpoog.gif

:(
So sorry to read this sad news :flwr:
What a wonderful age William was :luv: Thinking of you and your family and sending you all my sincerest best wishes and thoughts :hug:

RIP William, run free precious one xxxx

I am so sorry Margaret. I have been and will continue to pray for you. Rip in rainbows bridge may he watch over you

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

What a lovely tribute to William. He sounds like a wonderful guy who was completely loved for a very long life. I'm so very sorry for your loss, Margaret. You will be in my thoughts.

So sorry to hear about grumpy william. But 14 is indeed a beautiful age. May he rest in peace. Do you have a picture of him you would be willing to share? I would love seeing a picture of him.

Margaret, I just wanted to add my condolences on the loss of your beloved William. May he rest in peace and live on in all the beautiful memories you have of him.

Dear Margaret, I am so sorry to hear your sad news. It is so hard coming to terms with these events, even more so when there are added links to your Mother. I am thinking of you and sending you love. Christine

Back