• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Grumpy Old William

I'm never sure which is worse, losing a young dog with all its potential unrealised, or losing an old dog who has been part of your life for ages and leaves such a big hole. Either way, it hurts and it never gets easier. So thinking of you specially, Margaret.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Margaret, I would like to add my condolences to you too. William reached a fantastic age, and I am sure you will miss his presence around the place. Thinking of you :flwr::flwr:

Margaret,

Im so sorry to hear about William. There's nothing I can say really but thinking of you and my prayers will be for you and William tonight x

Thinking of you at this hard time

Dear Margaret,
Im so very sorry to read about William. !4 years is a fantastic age but not nearly enough though eh?

Try and picture William at Rainbow Bridge being collected by your Mum:hug::hug:

Mel XX

Margaret, it never gets any easier giving our loved ones their wings. Remember his memory will have a place in your heart always.:hug::hug:

So sorry that I missed seeing this before Margaret. I am so sorry that you have lost William, who will be grumpy no more, but free of pain and running free at Rainbow Bridge now.

It is so good that you have donated his tissue for research. It's such a hard thing to do but so important to do it for the benefit of those not yet borne.

I am so sorry to hear about William. What a great age but it is never easy to let go. My heart goes out to you. Lots of :hug: from me and my three.
What a great place to run free. I think he will be happy at a beach in Norfolk.

Margaret, I've never met you or William, but through this forum, I feel I know you. Even though I live on the "other side of the world", I share in your grief and sense of loss. I pray that my cavs are lucky enough to have 14 years. May William rest in peace - he will always be remembered. Thinking of you...:hug:

I'm so sorry for your loss Margaret. There is never enough time with our dogs regardless of the age they reach.

So sorry to hear about grumpy william. But 14 is indeed a beautiful age. May he rest in peace. Do you have a picture of him you would be willing to share? I would love seeing a picture of him.

Sorry, I tried to post a picture of William here, but did not manage it. I think Flicr has changed their system?

Last edited:
Hello Margaret

Under the thread "Cavalier tri girl in Merseyside" I posted about Flickrs new way pls try that ,we would all so dearly love to see William .

Oh no, Margaret–I missed this while I was away and only am seeing it now. I am so sorry; I know how special Old William was and your descriptions of him captures a true character. :) It is so hard to watch them suffer from this terrible illness, but he certainly had a good long life as well–not that that makes it any easier to take the final decision, especially with a dog that has special memories and connections to your mother.

It must be an extra special comfort still at a very difficult time, to know that he will help other cavaliers and the breed as a whole through the donation to the cavalier tissue project.

:flwr:

William age thirteen

Thank you to Tania & Brian for the advice about posting the photo.

Last edited:
Back