• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Sophie

TaraMar

We adopted our second dog last night. Sophie is roughly a year (?) old Spaniel mix. She was a stray so the shelter did not know much about her. From what we can tell from the past day, she knows basic commands, is leash trained, and house broken, so she must have had a home for a good section of her life. Riley loves her and they have spent a great deal of today playing :). She is a 20 lb spaniel mix. Anyone have any ideas of what breeds she looks like?

DSCN0190.jpg

DSCN0197.jpg

DSCN0214.jpg

DSCN0209.jpg

DSCN0200.jpg

What a pretty girl! I love her ears!

She looks like a mix between a Springer Spaniel and another spaniel mix.....

YAY for getting a rescue!

Thanks! We have only had her for a week, but Riley and Sophie are already attached at the hip. Here are a couple of them sleeping:

DSCN9801.jpg

DSC00024.jpg

Looks like a bit of Springer, bit of Cavalier, perhaps a bit of Field Spaniel to me?

Whatever she is, she's drop-dead gorgeous. How lovely to see your Riley welcoming her like that. Reminded me of when we got my little shiddy after her owner died. She was 6 months and my youngest Cavalier was just over a year old - it was love (and playmate/fighting companion) at first sight (and they still are) - lovely!

What a unique looking dog! To me she looks springer spaniel and dachsund...maybe with a touch of Australian shepherd. Really who knows with mixes. So gorgeous!

What about a Britney Spaniel, that is what she looks like to me.

images
images
images

They can be varying in color and structure, and the pictures I've posted are more of the typical Britney found.

I have a friend who had a rescued Britney/Cocker, and she was a lovely dog.

Cindy and Claire

Back