• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Xmas Gifts

Brian M

Hi

I have got all of Luke's gifts and all of Dawns and I think everybody else's so I am finished ,last Monday Dawn asked me what I want, so I have ordered two new Chris Christensen brushes and some Ice on Ice spray on conditioner (thanks to Sins tip ) and I will think of some other things for the girls .I think for me this is another way of how one becomes so indoctrinated by our Cavaliers that often we carers put their Cavalier health ,welfare and happiness first and before many other things in an attempt to return back to them some of the sheer happiness and joy they give to you in bucket loads by just being their with you . I hope to spend every minute of every day I am off in their company even though sometimes its like have four two old toddlers running riot causing mayhem and strife in the house ,but its so much fun .

Brian you sound so orgainsed for christmas. I agree our dogs give us so much pleasure, I have spent so much on little Ollie since we have had him and also Jasper in the past nearly 11 years. Brian do you mind me asking where you get the Ice on Ice conditioner from, I am always a bit cautious of internet shopping and have never shopped for pet items before. Ollie is already so hairy compared to Jasper, I think I will have my hands full with grooming him, I have got off very lightly with Jasper. PM me if necessary. Thank you.

You can try ordering Ice on ice from Hub International in the UK.
http://www.hubint.co.uk/
I ordered some bits and pieces from them before and they were very reliable.
I think Pam you will have plenty of time with Ollie on the grooming table:p.
Holly has blown her coat so we have some respite from the grooming,but the ears,tail and skirts still have to be done every day regardless,especially behind the ear area.

Judging from what you say,Ollie may have a similar coat?

Brian,
If you want more pressies,how about some cavalier books?
The cavalier club bookshop has some interesting items
Ruth Smith's CDs Cavaliers of the past and the Homes' book: The origin and founding of the breed.All very reasonably priced and excellent stocking fillers.
I know you already have the Rupertsfund calenders and recipes etc...

Sins

I don`t want to take over Brian`s thread, but Sins Ollie to me does seem to have a good coat for a dog who is only 7 months old, after seeing Holly and Ollie`s dad, I can`t help thinking about how long and thick his hair was, Ollie`s mum`s hair did`nt seem to be too long etc. Thank you for the link. By the way I love the picture.

I would love Tilly to have ear fur that long! They get to a certain length and she 'discovers' (or remembers) that she can chew them and its not pleasant!

Its not as if she doesn't have chewwy toys or is bored, I think it stems back to when she was a pup and didn't have any/many toys to play with - she didn't really know how to play until she came into my care 2.5 years ago :p

For Tilly, so far, I have got her a new cosy warm blanket, a cute little reindeer jumper and a plush duck from pets at home which 'quacks' :lol:

Jen
-x-

Hi

I remember getting Luke some pull along quacky ducks when he was a toddler , I bet Daisy would love them now .

Hello Snead ,I got this small Chris Christensen slicker brush from here
http://www.petcetera.co.uk/acatalog/CHRIS_CHRISTENSEN_SLICKERS.html

and from Hub I bought the Ice On Ice conditioner and this Chris Christensen little wonder 27 mm pin brush.

http://www.hubintsecured.co.uk/acatalog/Pin_Brush.html

And thanks for reminding me I must order Dennis Homes book and will get Ruth Smiths CD. I really enjoy looking at all those fabulous Cavaliers and only wish Cavaliers had come into my life years ago ,oh well we all grow up and life is then in a totally different perspective then when one was younger .

J
Hi

I have got all of Luke's gifts and all of Dawns and I think everybody else's so I am finished ,last Monday Dawn asked me what I want, so I have ordered two new Chris Christensen brushes and some Ice on Ice spray on conditioner (thanks to Sins tip ) and I will think of some other things for the girls .I think for me this is another way of how one becomes so indoctrinated by our Cavaliers that often we carers put their Cavalier health ,welfare and happiness first and before many other things in an attempt to return back to them some of the sheer happiness and joy they give to you in bucket loads by just being their with you . I hope to spend every minute of every day I am off in their company even though sometimes its like have four two old toddlers running riot causing mayhem and strife in the house ,but its so much fun .

I already have my christmas present.... ella! I thought I was done shopping then I remembered that I forgot the most important "person" ella! Yikes! So I was on the forum got confused on what new harness to get, she's picky with food, doesn't play with toys (except balls), hmmm... I did get a sweet pillow thanks tania!

Anyone know of something good to get to comfort an sm dog?

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

Chamberlain and Sasha both have their stockings all hung up and are waiting on Santa to fill them with presents! My husband and I are spending more money on their gifts then gifts for each other! :roll:

Back