• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Therapy Dog Assessment Monday!

Desrae

:updte: Hi everyone, I didn't have the time to find the old thread about getting my Belle into therapy dog work, so I made a new one with this update. Monday we're going to Dublin for a final assessment. We've got our rescue remedy, we'll be groomed and ready to go. We'll be charming and entertaining and the best we can be! Wish us luck :biggrin:

I was thinking about you today, I knew something was happening on Monday, I had the date in my mind and suddenly remembered that it was you!!!

I really hope for good news this time for you :grin: All the positive thoughts from the forum will carry you through :) You could do with some good news this week.

You sound more positive and in control this time - start your Rescue Remedy tomorrow, so you will be on top of the world!!

Good luck! Cavaliers I imagine make wonderful therapy dogs, because of their love for people of course!

Good luck - im sure everything will be fine!

cant wait to hear about your future visits with Belle helping people and bringing a smile to their faces

Good luck to you and Belle, I am sure Belle's wonderful personality will shine through and charm their socks off :xfngr::flwr:

I am sure you will do very well. we will be thinking of you.
sHa_thumb2.gif

Best of luck tomorrow Desrae we will be thinking of you and keeping our fingers and paws crossed here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Phew. It's all done. They were so happy to see us, I was surprised that they were so enthusiastic about giving meself and Belle another opportunity. It went really well this time, we went in there more prepared, still a bit nervous though. Belle was a bit 'shy' with the assessment team, but we all had a walk through the hospital and she went up to everyone she saw with a waggy tail and smile. So that was great. We showed them some tricks, they particularly liked her 'speak', in which, she sneezes before 'speaking'. :smile:

They told me they inform us on their decision before Christmas if we have it. So, we'll be waiting with anticipation... knowing that we did our best...

Desrae, it sounds like you did really well, so it's out of your hands now. It will be their loss if they don't accept both of you :rolleyes:

OH that's great Desrae, we were all rooting for you and it sounds much more positive. It's fantastic that you had the visit to the hospital and they could see how Belle reacted to everyone and vice versa.

Let us know as soon as you hear!! We are all on the edge of our seats for you.

Aww you do sound so much more positive!!

I know how rewarding this is - mine aren't PAT dogs but I take them to the nursing home I work at to visit and it's fab!! One lady just hugs and hugs Cass on her lap and beams as Cass "special hugs" her and licks her face!! Barney is great for the quieter people...

Of course some don't like dogs at all - funny comments some times but hey ho!!

Best of luck, fingers crossed for you...xx

Back