• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Can the cavalier breed be saved?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can the cavalier breed be saved ?

The only way I can see to get healthy Cavaliers is to make it illegal to breed from non satisfactorily tested dogs and bitches.

I no longer want to know when people ask me to advise them on finding a puppy because they don't take the sensible advice I give them. The last 3 or 4 that I tried to guide in the right direction resulted in me spending time and money finding them a responsibly bred pup at a reasonable price, when either they would not go out of Birmingham to see a litter or could find one in the paper for half the price.

The thing I object to most of all is when all breeders get blamed for the sick dogs these people buy and by some members here who tar all of us with the same brush.

For anyone who does not know, I stopped breeding in 1992, then tried to restart 18 months ago because I had a positive tested bitch capable of making a healthy contribution to the breed. No pups despite trying 2 different dogs, but I will try twice more with her. So far she has cost somewhere in the region of £2,000 for health testing, reprovet fees, stud fees and travel.

What does not help is being lumped together with PFs and BYBs and being accused of overpricing by those either too stupid or too ignorant to appreciate the difference. Bet and Rod, all breeders are not the same and almost all that I know do test, then have to compete against the irresponsible to find good homes for their pups.

CAN THE CAVALIER BREED BE SAVED ?

Thank You all for joining in this Discussion.

I really do think that it's going to be difficult to find the Answer to the Horrendous Health Problems Afflicting our Cavaliers.

This is a Further Comment from the Article from my Previous Post ,and is sure Food For Thought.

This Lady ,who loves Cavaliers as much as we all do on this List, is now starting on a New Project to create a Healthier Cavalier Type Breed ,she had bought her Cavalier from a Cavalier Breeder who had carried out the Health Tests ,yet her Cavalier still developed Health Problems .

Because she and many other Cavalier Owners now have doubts about ever having another Cavalier ,whether they could put themselves the Heart Ache and Many Tears they have had when their Cavaliers died from the Health Problems in our Cherished Breed ,she has wondered about if the Things we Lovers of Cavaliers Love about our Cavaliers could be Retained without their Health Problems .

She has now Consulted with Cavalier Breeders , Genetic Experts and Vets about Out Crossing Cavaliers with another Breed.

She knows that other Hidden and Unknown Health Problems could Appear, but she will be keeping Health Records on her Breeding Programs about this happening.

What the Out Come will be this Lady hopes ,will be a Breed that will Eventually Resemble Tradional Toy Spaniels ,OK ,they won't be Cavaliers ,but at last we Cavalier Owners who have had the Heart Break of having our Beloved Cavaliers dying at such young ages ,could have the chance of having a 4 Legged Friend who has the Lovely Nature of a Cavalier ,but can live Longer , Healthier Lives.

I think the Cavalier Breed is now at the Point when there is not much more that can be being done about their Health Problems .

The MVD Problem is not improving because there are probably so many Cavalier Carriers around now with the MVD Genes, shortly it will maybe being said about the SM Problem, so it's no use Living in a Fool's Paradise and kidding our -selves that All Will be Well for our Cavaliers.

This will be a Bitter Pill for Many Cavalier Folk to Swallow, but have Cavaliers to be Out Crossed with another Breed in-order to have some-thing like a Cavalier.

I think it's got to be that or the Cavalier Breed will become Extinct.

There is no-body who Loves Cavaliers More than I do , but their Suffering because of their Health Problems has got to Stop ,if this has to be the Way Forward, the So Be IT.

Bet

I think what the breed needs is a break threw for genetic testing as well as more breeders who test!

Where I live I can find dozens of Cavalier "breeders" who don't test! I have emailed breeder after breeder to find a new puppy but little to NO testing is being done. All seem to have excuses. I have found a few breeders who heart, hip & eye test but I still have been unable to find a breeder who MRI tests. Now I understand it is VERY expensive to MRI scan. Breeders are looking at being in debt $5000 or more from ONE breeding dog if they are to purchase from a breeder who tests, then to continue testing themselves and following protocol. Now double that for a pair of dogs. Very few "breeders" are willing to be in debt $10,000 or more from just ONE pair of dogs. PLUS waiting 2 1/2 to 3 years to breed and possible recoup some of the initial cost. The HIGH cost scares breeders away from proper testing. I don't agree with it at all BUT it is true.

Then you look at the pet owner side. I have been working retail with pets & supplies since 2001. If i have learned just ONE thing about the buying public. IN the MASSES the people always care about the cost. You will always have a select few who understand why you may be paying more from one place then another but as a whole people always look for a lower price. Breeders who test are forced to charge much higher prices to recover their cost ($2000 or more per puppy). Breeders who don't test can charge as little as a couple hundred. Uninformed people will generally go towards a lower prices

We really need to come up with SM testing that will lower the price for breeders. Then more breeders can test and then prices of tested puppies can go down.

Also I think the kennel club should open the registries to allow a SMALL number of dogs from another breed to be crossed in. Then we can increase the gene pool. I know you run the risk of adding other health issues but with a breed with as much trouble as a Cavalier their are not many other options.

Just my 2 cents on the topic..

So much to say, but here goes.

I keep thinking of the history of the two cavalier clubs in the usa. The ckcsc usa feared (correct me if I'm wrong because this is from what's on the internet and not a reliable source) that if the ckcs became recognized by the akc then it would cause the breed to be popular and feared others would not go by their "strict code of ethics"

Well if that's true then what they predicted is true so now please abide by this code, make it stricter, and regulate the members.Shannon you are right and that there will always be uneducated people who go for what's cheap. What's cheap does not pay off in the long run if you factor in medical costs for an unhealthy dog.

There are breeders in the us that do scan and I would go through the clubs and on rods website www.cavalierhealth.org to find the tricks to locate them. Sad but there are many more that don't and it should be easier for a pet buyer to find these breeders.

Cost for breeders. There are low cost mri in the us. I don't think its just the cost that is a concern. I talked to a breeder whose friend took his male to be scanned and he did not make it. That is rare, but some know that there is a chance.

I disagree that expensive means better. As I have said before, I found a breeder that has a great website with all these claims and her cavaliers are $3000. People can think she is a "selective" breeder but there are no health tests to back up these claims.

Yes, I think it can be saved but they can not be the popular dogs and expect them to be healthy. Sad that you may have to spend a lot of money but I think its time for the clubs to regulate the breeders and be selective. I know money is a motivator and I don't know what doing this will cause, but they should stand out. Have a name so people understand why these cavaliers are different. Start new and be selective.

If they fear the breed will go extinct, well its not getting better. I read that barrons book last night and it talked about mvd. I don't have it in front of me but the irony was how it said that the future of the breed and this devostating condition could be helped if breeders waited until 5 years etc. It said since the condition presents itself early when the dog still can be breed, then they can control this. I have read what people have posted and it seems many are not doing this.

All breeders are not the same and I feel in order to save the breed, there should be pressure from owners, other breeders and even seperation. If the few A dogs are kept by breeders, then sad for us, but better for the breed.

I also went to a show and heard someone talk about how great a breeder was and with 6 generations the breeder had them go do something after they die (can't remember the name) and are all healthy. Yeah right. When asked if she mri her dogs, no. Any breeder that I trust would never say this.

I feel for those breeders that I heard talk about going together to get their dogs scanned. Yes, they are selective to who they give their puppies to, they don't advertise because they don't need to, but they are out there. The future depends on them, us, spreading the word, doing something, talking about it, taking responsibility, and leading an example.

I say all this but I really don't know where to begin. However, talking to others, going to shows, getting involved is a start I guess.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

No breeder is compelled to breed

I. Now I understand it is VERY expensive to MRI scan. Breeders are looking at being in debt $5000 or more from ONE breeding dog if they are to purchase from a breeder who tests, then to continue testing themselves and following protocol. Now double that for a pair of dogs. Very few "breeders" are willing to be in debt $10,000 or more from just ONE pair of dogs. PLUS waiting 2 1/2 to 3 years to breed and possible recoup some of the initial cost. The HIGH cost scares breeders away from proper testing. I don't agree with it at all BUT it is true.

Financial cost may be a consideration, but when you get down to basics it is not a valid reason to breed without testing for the known inherited conditions.

Breeding without testing is the action of someone who will knowingly take the risk that the cavaliers they produce will suffer.

The owner won't feel the pain, the dog will.

Most cavalier puppies are sold as family pets, so the breeder will not see the dog in pain, they will not pay for drugs to ease the suffering, or weep when the dog is put to sleep too soon.

Don't accept excuses from breeders that do not test ........Nobody is compelled to breed. The owner has a choice, the dog doesn't.

The cavalier world will not stop if individual breeders delay a year or so longer to mate their dogs.

If a breeder is not able to afford the tests, then they can choose to not breed. If they breed without testing.......... then they are driven by money and do not care that cavaliers will suffer.
They are no better than Puppy Farmers.

Nobody is compelled to use a puppy dog as a sire. If they cannot afford to wait till the dog is mature and health checked, then they are driven by money, not by love of the breed.
They are no better than Puppy Farmers.

Nobody is compelled to breed from an underage bitch. If they cannot wait for a cavalier to be old enough to be tested according to the health protocols, then they are driven by money, and their puppies should not be sold as companion animals.
They are no better than Puppy Farmers

Can the cavalier breed be saved?

Well, with idiot breeders that cannot take in the significance of the Foetal Tissue Research results and the high percentage of breeding dogs affected at a young age, I find it really hard to stay hopeful.

:xctly: Agree with that, Margaret.

Also there is no way any breeder anywhere is paying $5,000 to scan a single dog. Most good breeders do not breed their own females to their own studs so they don't carry the costs of both scans (if they keep them; many and probably most do not). Low cost testing is increasingly available -- widely across the UK (for as little as £100 -- under $150), and in numerous regions of the US (ranging from around $500-1000 per scan). Even at full cost in the US, scans would be around $1000-2000, not $5,000. That can be spread across several litters to absorb some of the cost. Most good breeders do not charge any significant premium for puppies from scanned dogs, bred according to the protocol. And any reputable breeder should have been breeding at 2.5 minimum, to tested dogs, for heart health for going on two decades. Breed clubs could be pushing for low cost scans in their own regions and raising funds similar to Rupert's Fund to scan dogs. Rupert's Fund as it is will already pay for some 50 dogs to be scanned. RF could have covered the cost of scanning every significant, active sire in the UK right now if breeders wanted to have their costs covered.

Yes, there are costs -- but if they are not managable a person should not be breeding or needs to select another breed if they cannot breed responsibly and with the breed's very survival foremost.

And I agree wholeheartedly that pet buyers are 50% of the problem-- and the solution. Too many too often choose a breeder based on cost and fast availability of a puppy. That directly damages the breed and increases their own risk of having a poorly adult dog. :(

If breeders would actually submit the scan results they already have to researchers, there will quickly come a point where they do not need to scan -- especially if/when the genome work is successfully finished. They can use the estimated breeding values/ genetic breeding values to select appropriate mates. There are hundreds and hundreds of scans done but not submitted out there, all over the world, for dogs with pedigrees that would help researchers construct the EBV database.

My heart hopes there will be a future for the breed but having seen breeders in action and knowing some of what they really say and do (set against what they say they do publicly) -- my head thinks unless there is significant, legislated, mandatory change to breeding practice, the breed has little chance of lasting more than a few more decades before becoming untouchable due to health considerations. I have my little 'cavalier medications box' full of MVD meds and pain meds for SM. My friend who boards small dogs says it is the cavaliers that are the breed that always comes with medications -- for hearts, epilepsy, SM....

I understand a lawsuit is being considered (or has been taken?) in the Netherlands against the kennel club there to ban the breeding of cavaliers on cruelty grounds because MVD and SM are now so endemic in the breed. The argument is that outcrossing and a rebuilding of the breed is needed.

And I agree wholeheartedly that pet buyers are 50% of the problem-- and the solution. Too many too often choose a breeder based on cost and fast availability of a puppy. That directly damages the breed and increases their own risk of having a poorly adult dog. :(

As a new Cavalier owner who just recently went through this process, I can tell you that it is much harder than it sounds. In the internet age, we rely on being able to access information readily and easily. I am an educated person who does not mind the research required, and with the means to spend whatever it takes to get a healthy puppy, but if there are breeders out there who truly do 100% of what has been recommended here, then they are not making themselves known.

So yes, I realize that people like me are part of the problem... although I would guess I am not a typical Cavalier buyer and not a typical puppy buyer at all. I spent months researching the perfect breed for my family, and then countless hours reading health information, posts on this website, and information on breeders. But yet while I ended up getting my puppy from a breeder I feel very comfortable with, I realize I still took a risk when MRI scans were not being done.

It wasn't for lack of trying... many emails were sent, questions asked, and websites carefully scrutinized. If the best breeders -- the ones who truly run all the right tests and orchestrate the best matings -- are proud of what they do and have nothing to hide, then why are they so hard to find?

It wasn't for lack of trying... many emails were sent, questions asked, and websites carefully scrutinized. If the best breeders -- the ones who truly run all the right tests and orchestrate the best matings -- are proud of what they do and have nothing to hide, then why are they so hard to find?

I can't agree more!!! I am guilty of falling for a puppy from a less then ethical breeder. But I don't understand why GOOD breeders are SO hard to find. I keep hearing rumors of great breeders who test in the USA but they are not easy to find. Even the person of the Cavalier Rescue of the USA that I spoke with briefly in an email stated that she didn't think ANY breeders MRI tested there dogs!

And Karlin... I didn't mean breeders spending $5000 on a single scan. What I was trying to say was:
If a "Good" breeder can even find and good quality puppy from tested parents (In the USA anyways). They are looking at spending $3000 or more on just the puppy.

Then the cost of raising it for 2 1/2 to 3 years. Yearly hip, heart & eye testing. Plus the normal cost of raising a dog (vet care, vaccines, food, supplements, etc) Maybe another $1000 or more.

Then the cost of at least 1 MRI scan at 2 1/2 years. About $1000 (I know low cost MRI's are available but in reality they are not easily accessible for all breeders. ESPECIALLY in the USA. I drove over 8 hours round trip and paid over $1500 just to find a place familiar with Cavaliers to get an MRI done.)

That alone is at least $5000. Then if you have a lone female you are looking at stud fees. Cost of raising the puppies properly (vet care, vaccines, food, toys, etc).

When all is said and done you could easily be in excess of $5000 on 1 dog. Then what happens if all is said and done and they have SM or MVD? Then you start over. OR they test okay and you only get a litter of 1 pup?

I think ALL breeders SHOULD test. I'm just pointing out why it is so hard to get breeders to test. Sadly many people breed dogs not only for the enjoyment of the breed but also the money involved. Even if it is just to break even at the end. VERY few breeders are going to breed JUST for the love of the breed and risk investing thousands of dollars and many years of there time to get no where.

....well I had written a really long reply and lost it in cyberspace.

Here is a small portion of my thoughts: We don't need to cross breed as we have enough healthy lines to go forward but what we do need is more information sharing. One huge thing I found was U.S.A. cavalier breeders claim they do testing and have test result available for buyer but don't send in the information to our OFA health data base. I found it odd because my other breed of dogs this is considered a huge red flag to puppy buyers. It makes me think breeders may be faking health documents and perhaps health issues are bigger than we think.

With breeders that I interviewed most said their breeding stock did not have symptoms of SM and if they did they would not be bred. And that cost of MRI was too much for a healthy dog. I only found one breeder with a litter that had used a MRI cleared stud. The bitch was 18 months at time of puppy sale with no health clearances, the breeder stated she knew her lines and they were healthy. Her price for pet quality pup was $2500.

....well I had written a really long reply and lost it in cyberspace.

Here is a small portion of my thoughts: We don't need to cross breed as we have enough healthy lines to go forward but what we do need is more information sharing. One huge thing I found was U.S.A. cavalier breeders claim they do testing and have test result available for buyer but don't send in the information to our OFA health data base. I found it odd because my other breed of dogs this is considered a huge red flag to puppy buyers. It makes me think breeders may be faking health documents and perhaps health issues are bigger than we think.

With breeders that I interviewed most said their breeding stock did not have symptoms of SM and if they did they would not be bred. And that cost of MRI was too much for a healthy dog. I only found one breeder with a litter that had used a MRI cleared stud. The bitch was 18 months at time of puppy sale with no health clearances, the breeder stated she knew her lines and they were healthy. Her price for pet quality pup was $2500.

CAN THE CAVALIER BREED BE SAVED?

Can I start off by saying that there are No Healthy Lines in our Cavalier Breed ,at least here in Britain.

I am mentioning the MVD Problem , even the Long Lived Cavaliers will have ever chance of being Carriers of the MVD GENES ,so it's no use Kidding our -selves that this is not a Fact, ask the Cardiologists about this.

There are some Cavalier Breeders being Honest about the Health of their Cavaliers and doing every-thing in their Power to Assist the Researchers with the Information that is needed, but unfortunately , there seem to be the Vociferous Elderly Cavalier Breeders who think that there is no Health Problem in Cavaliers and seem to be bent on Thwarting the Researchers any chance they can get.

An example of this, I believe that a Couple of CKCS CLUBS are using delaying tactics in getting the Recommendations for MRI Scanning off the Ground.

What's their Problem, are they Scared that once they MRI Scan their Cavalier Breeding Stock, and that Information is passed on for the EBV Scheme, then nothing can be being Hidden about the Health Problems in Cavalier Breeding Stock.

As Margaret says with Idiot Breeders who have not the Sense to understand what it means ,that 100% of the Cavalier Whelps Researched have CM,it is time that for the Cavalier Breed to be Saved and the Future of our Cavaliers be put in the Hands of the Researchers ,and not Cavalier Committees who just don't appear to able to move with the Scientific Times , it is those Committees who are going Finish Cavaliers.

I would just say ,it is Time for those Folk to Move Out Now ,let the Researchers take over, and give our Cherished Cavaliers the Chance of Healthier, Longer Lives, and we Owners of Cavaliers not the Many Tears and Heart Ache we have had watching our Beloved Cavaliers suffer and Die and such Young Ages because of the Health Problems Afflicting our Breed.

Bet

U
As a new Cavalier owner who just recently went through this process, I can tell you that it is much harder than it sounds. In the internet age, we rely on being able to access information readily and easily. I am an educated person who does not mind the research required, and with the means to spend whatever it takes to get a healthy puppy, but if there are breeders out there who truly do 100% of what has been recommended here, then they are not making themselves known.

So yes, I realize that people like me are part of the problem... although I would guess I am not a typical Cavalier buyer and not a typical puppy buyer at all. I spent months researching the perfect breed for my family, and then countless hours reading health information, posts on this website, and information on breeders. But yet while I ended up getting my puppy from a breeder I feel very comfortable with, I realize I still took a risk when MRI scans were not being done.

Couldn't agree more.

I just want to clear up that cavalier rescue USA is a non profit organisation that the dogs are surrendered by owners.

Cavalier rescue USA has their hands full trying to Foster, place the dogs to families that are needed, and raise money for surgeries some of the Foster's need before being placed. Any good breeder would want their dog back before it ended up in rescue so I am not surprised by what you found out.

I would like to add that rescues are wonderful and they need good families but with a rescue there is a risk of health problems but it takes kind people who are open to older dogs that want to give them a second chance and a good home

Although I think this forum is absolutely wonderful, the vast majority of people looking for a new dog or puppy are not going to visit it. However, I do think Facebook has the power to reach far more people. I noticed that "someone" started a Facebook group called "Save the Cavalier King Charles Spaniel". Maybe if we can post facts and links to articles and basically just spread awareness to the public, we can get the word out.

This will probably scare some people away from getting a Cavalier, but that's not actually a bad thing... if the demand goes down, then maybe PMs & BYBs will slow or halt their operations or switch to another breed (sorry, I hate to think of that alternative, too). But the idea would be to reach people who are going to get one anyway, or know someone who is, and make sure they know what they are getting themselves into and what steps can be taken to improve the odds of less heartbreak down the road.

It's so important that the information be accurate, though, so if anyone posts something we should be sure that it is correct and can be backed up by research, evidence, or at least written by someone proven to be a trusted authority on the subject.

Couldn't agree more.

I also agree with Anniemac and love2driveinct and Reptigirl.

I only found ONE breeder near me that was reputable when I was looking to buy a Cavalier. The rest were at pet stores or WAY beyond my price range. And even then the breeders didn't sound reputable! Where are the good breeders? I think the USA Cavalier club should step in and form a registry with breeders who ONLY have dogs that are MRI tested, heart & eye tested ect...

I made the breeder go with me to vets office and paid for a vets visit to have Chamberlain looked at before I bought him. I wanted to make sure he was healthy puppy before I paid for him. I know alot of the health problems don't show up right away but I wanted to make sure everything else looked good. I met him at his house and saw his dogs and saw the certs for his "parents" but for all I know they could have been false. I had to trust that he was on the up and up.

Last edited:
I would like to add that rescues are wonderful and they need good families but with a rescue there is a risk of health problems but it takes kind people who are open to older dogs that want to give them a second chance and a good home

Nowadays I would not be too sure there is any greater risk of health problems in an older rescue dog.

We can see from the posts on this forum that there are quite a few three to four year old cavaliers showing up with severe SM symptoms.
I have had phone calls from owners that have been forced to put their less-than-one-year-old puppy to sleep, because of uncontrollable pain.

I think it is more than possible that a vet-checked older rescue cavalier would have less health problems than a carelessly bred puppy.

Nowadays I would not be too sure there is any greater risk of health problems in an older rescue dog.

We can see from the posts on this forum that there are quite a few three to four year old cavaliers showing up with severe SM symptoms.
I have had phone calls from owners that have been forced to put their less-than-one-year-old puppy to sleep, because of uncontrollable pain.

I think it is more than possible that a vet-checked older rescue cavalier would have less health problems than a carelessly bred puppy.

Just had a Think about this ,why should so many Owners of Cavaliers who are not Members of the UK CKCS CLUB, have to take Lectures from those CKCS CLUB Committee Members, who are so set in their ways and are not Listening to the Advice being given by the Researchers about how to Tackle the SM and MVD Problems in our Cavalier Breed,who gives those Committee Members the Right to say what should be done or not done for Cavaliers, the Non-Members will far Out Number the Members of the CKCS CLUB.

Bet

Just had a Think about this ,why should so many Owners of Cavaliers who are not Members of the UK CKCS CLUB, have to take Lectures from those CKCS CLUB Committee Members, who are so set in their ways and are not Listening to the Advice being given by the Researchers about how to Tackle the SM and MVD Problems in our Cavalier Breed,who gives those Committee Members the Right to say what should be done or not done for Cavaliers, the Non-Members will far Out Number the Members of the CKCS CLUB.

Bet

This is a Big Question for our Cavaliers at the Moment.

In the Shallow World of Exhibition ,there is always the BREED MAFIA .

Usually a Group of Elderly Women with the Occasional Male that is Steadfast in it's Vow ,even when Wrong , they are Self proclaimed Experts in Nothing who Proclaim there is Nothing Anyone can Teach us about this Breed.

I will Substitute Breed for the Cavalier Breed.

Is this now being Proved by the Cavalier Breeder Mafia in Delaying the MRI Scheme from getting Started.?

They are Preventing the Cavalier Breeders who wish to take Part in the Scheme from doing so, they are Preventing the Information from getting to EBV Researchers .

They are Preventing the Publication of Full Results .

They are Delaying Honesty and Full Disclosure of the SM Problem ,is this why the Breeder Mafia is Running Scared about this being Dsiclosed.!!

The Breeder Mafia is Preventing a Standardised Scheme that Permits Everyone an Informed Choice of Cavalier Stud Dogs and Health Testing Puppy Breeders

The BREEDER MAFIA is PREVENTING THOSE TRUE LOVERS of OUR CAVALIER BREED who want Cavaliers to Survive and have a Future by trying to Breed Cavaliers away from SM and MVD from doing this.

Is it now time we who Love the Cavalier Breed Woke up to the Fact about what is Happening and make Protests to the Kennel Club?

Could we perhaps Start a Petition on this List and all of us who Wish to Save our Cavaliers any -more Suffering from SM and MVD Sign it?

Bet

Can the cavalier breed be saved ?

This is a Big Question for our Cavaliers at the Moment.

In the Shallow World of Exhibition ,there is always the BREED MAFIA .

Usually a Group of Elderly Women with the Occasional Male that is Steadfast in it's Vow ,even when Wrong , they are Self proclaimed Experts in Nothing who Proclaim there is Nothing Anyone can Teach us about this Breed.

I will Substitute Breed for the Cavalier Breed.

Is this now being Proved by the Cavalier Breeder Mafia in Delaying the MRI Scheme from getting Started.?

They are Preventing the Cavalier Breeders who wish to take Part in the Scheme from doing so, they are Preventing the Information from getting to EBV Researchers .

They are Preventing the Publication of Full Results .

They are Delaying Honesty and Full Disclosure of the SM Problem ,is this why the Breeder Mafia is Running Scared about this being Dsiclosed.!!

The Breeder Mafia is Preventing a Standardised Scheme that Permits Everyone an Informed Choice of Cavalier Stud Dogs and Health Testing Puppy Breeders

The BREEDER MAFIA is PREVENTING THOSE TRUE LOVERS of OUR CAVALIER BREED who want Cavaliers to Survive and have a Future by trying to Breed Cavaliers away from SM and MVD from doing this.

Is it now time we who Love the Cavalier Breed Woke up to the Fact about what is Happening and make Protests to the Kennel Club?

Could we perhaps Start a Petition on this List and all of us who Wish to Save our Cavaliers any -more Suffering from SM and MVD Sign it?

Bet

Just noticed the List of The CKCS CLUB POINTS TROPHY WINNERSfor 2010

If all those Cavalier Winners have been Bred by following the Breeding Guideline Recomendations, have been Health Tested ,then just maybe the Cavalier Breed will have a Chance of Surviving.

Will their Health Results also be being given along with their Trophy Wins?

Hopefully the Answer is Yes.

Bet

Is the BVA/KC MRI Scheme an Official Secret?

Just noticed the List of The CKCS CLUB POINTS TROPHY WINNERSfor 2010

If all those Cavalier Winners have been Bred by following the Breeding Guideline Recomendations, have been Health Tested ,then just maybe the Cavalier Breed will have a Chance of Surviving.

Will their Health Results also be being given along with their Trophy Wins?

Hopefully the Answer is Yes.

Bet

I think that is really wishful thinking.

I have just written a new blog................

"Is the BVA/KC MRI Scheme an Official Secret?"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back