Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Remembering Rupert -11th June 1996 - 12th December 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Nicki - thanks so much for your pics of Rupert...Reading what you have said has had me sat here in tears. Our Cav's are so precious....Never "just a dog".

I can't afford to donate loads of money to the fund - I wish I could. As you know Barney was scanned last year for research, a decision we didn't take lightly. Kevin and I have talked lots the last week about the Cavalier collection scheme in Margarets blog. We've decided that when Barney goes on to "Rainbow Bridge" we'd like his last gift to Cavaliers for him to take part in this scheme. Not an easy subject to discuss and hopefully Barns will be with us for a few years more yet!

I will be registering him and probably Cassie too for this as I have said to Kevin, probably easier to discuss now than at the actual time...I know in my heart it is right to do this.....

Take care Nicki - sending you a big hug!!...xx Teresa

Post Thanks / Like

Nicki

A truly moving but at the same time wonderful tribute to Rupert.

His name lives on as an truly inspirational memorial. Like others I am so so grateful for this forum, for the support I've received since Minnie's diagnosis and for the opportunity to help the future of the cavalier breed.

For everyone who are dedicating so much time and effort for Ruperts Fund, on behalf of all our precious cavaliers, a big big
    Sandra
    Minnie-May (6yrs) & Rosie the Rescue (approx 6 yrs)
    My Darling Cinders and Lady Jane waiting at the Bridge

Post Thanks / Like

Nicki
    I concur with what everyone has already said, a truly moving tribute to Rupert, two years is still a very short time to mourn a much loved companion, There is still not a day goes by that I do not think my my loss of just over two years ago. I am very glad to have found this forum and to have met you.

Jim
    Ben (Blenheim)

Still missing Toby (Blenheim) and Ciara (Black and Tan)
    www.tobydug.co.uk

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default I certainly remember Rupert

Quote Originally Posted by Desrae View Post
    My feelings are what many on here have felt about Rupert and Rupert's Fund. It's amazing how we've all banded together in this, I am so glad to have found you all/the forum and somehow make a difference and help our precious cavaliers.
    I knew Rupert before I knew Nicky because my lovely Monty was Rupert's father.

I went to see the stunning litter that contained Rupert when they were about 8 weeks old & I was very taken with the beautiful puppies.In fact, one of my friends went to see them, on my recommendation, and bought one of Rupert's sisters

A few years later Nicky brought Rupert to meet me & Monty when we spent Christmas in Norfolk. It was obvious the two dogs were related, and that similarity became even more striking as they got older.

Monty was a very famous top stud dog who eventually proved to have SM. He was the perfect example of the dangers of a late onset condition showing up in a popular sire.

Rupert inherited his Dad's happy temperament, his glamour, long ears, the hint of naughtiness including, if I remember rightly, his ability to rifle through waste paper baskets. He also inherited the SM genes.

So here we are, with Nicky organising a wonderful memorial to Rupert in the shape of his fund, and me with the cell tissue donating scheme that I run in memory of Monty, who was the first dog I donated for post-mortem.
    When he died I took him to Clare Rusbridge. He was part of the research that is in the book that Anniemac has been reading.

The cavalier owners on this forum are amazing people. The support you give to each other is remarkable.
    You love their dogs and you are willing to do everything you can to keep them well, or to care for them and keep them comfortable when they are sick. I truly believe that if cavaliers are to have a future it is the caring pet owners like you that will make that happen.

So thanks to all those that have contributed to Rupert's successful fund, to Nicky who nursed Rupert through his bad times to reach a good old age & most of all to Rupert himself, bless him.
    Margaret C

Cavaliers......Faith, The Ginger Tank and Woody.
    Japanese Chins.... Dandy, Benny, Bridgette and Hana.
    Remembered with love......... Tommy Tuppence and Fonzi

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Margaret you made me laugh then cry. Thanks for sharing about Monty and the story of meeting Rupert. Tania said exactly what I felt, helpless. Rupert's fund has given me something I can feel part of. I've met great friends and literally feel so close to him.

I don't know why he makes me smile. I wish I got to meet him and Monty. Its strange how I feel connected to everyone and Nicki thanks to you and Rupert, you have given me some joy.

I will always be thankful.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk
    Anne Proud mother of Elton 5 and Angel Ella

Post Thanks / Like

Thank you for posting this tribute to Rupert. I'm relatively new to the board, so really enjoyed reading all about this very special dog. You must be so proud to have Rupert's Fund named after your boy -- I can't think of a better tribute to an obviously extremely loved and special guy.

Post Thanks / Like

Hi Nicki,

We have kind of fell off grid a little these last few months, and we missed this thread, which is a lovely tribute to a beautiful boy, your pictures are brilliant, and jog our own memories of when we 1st joined this forum

We too are grateful, but also for all that you do, and for the help and support you provide, as i have said before you have been a big help to us, especially in 2010, with Charlie, who is now approaching 7 months with us, and his 13th birthday, and for that we will always be grateful

Happy Newyear to you and yours Nicki

Ryan & Lisa
    Last edited by Rj Mac; 1st January 2011 at 02:18 PM.
    Ryan, Lisa, and Kieran.....our 2 Blenhiem girls Lucy and Megan, Jake the Lab, and the old man of the house...Charlie

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Thank you so much Ryan - we have missed you and were thinking of you all.

So pleased to hear that Charlie is doing well - being happy and so well loved has made all the difference to this very special oldie. 13 is truly amazing - when is his birthday?

I was so pleased to be able to help
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org