• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Darling Harry

emsley

On Thursday 9 December 2010, Harry (13) was gently and quietly pts at home.
He was such an old trooper, battling on for over the last 12 months with high grade
MVD,taking his tablets like a good boy and being slowly happy and waggy.
On 8 September 2010, the vet gave him 4 weeks to live, 8 at the most,
and I am proud to say that he proved her wrong, and lived another 12 weeks.
Quite suddenly, things became very difficult for him, I was very concerned on the
Wednesday, and on the Thursday morning, I realised that enough was enough.
He was a gorgeous boy, came to us as a rescue just over 2 years ago, and was
so happy to be part of a family again. He never left my side, and if I sat down,
Harry immediately was draped across my lap. He loved his food, especially his
treats, and if he felt peckish, would sit infront of the dog food cupboard and bark
until someone gave him something!
He is buried in the garden with little Chloe and Sammy - to lose 3 in 18 months is hard.
We will miss him so much.
RIP my lovely big boy

You have my sincerest condolences for losing Harry, to lose one is bad enough but three in such a short time must be devastating

I am so sorry you have lost your darling, but thank goodness he spent his last two years in a home where he was so loved.

Let us hope that dog heaven holds a large cupboard full of dog treats for him.

My very best wishes,

What a wonderful second chance he got in living with you! I am so sorry for your loss. The fact that he stuck around for several weeks longer than was expected indicates how happy he was in your home. :) It is very hard to grieve for one, much less for three in such a short period of time. :flwr:

I'm so sorry for your loss :'( I'm sure Harry is running around over rainbow bridge with your other guys :hug::hug: from me and my guys xx

So very sorry to hear of you sad loss - it's so hard to lose so many beloved companions close together, having been through that recently myself, you start to wonder when it is ever going to end :(:(

I hope though that it is a huge comfort that you gave Harry 2 precious years filled with love and you have some very happy memories of him.

I'm so sorry. It's great he got a second chance and had a happy last two years with kind loving people like you. Rest in Peace Harry.:hug:

So sorry to hear that you had to give Harry his wings.

His time with you was so short, but I am sure he left many happy memories which will stay in your heart always.

Thnking of you at this difficult time.:hug:

Oh Annie, I'm so sorry for your loss. I lost one of my dogs a few months ago but to go through it three times in such a short period... my heart goes out to you.

Annie, I am so sorry to read about Harry. He was so lucky to have ended up in your home, he was obviously very happy with you and I am sure you will miss him a lot.
Thinking of you, :hug:

Like everyone else, I feel very heavy-hearted for you and the loss of Harry. He was obviously a marvellous companion and you were a great comfort to each other. Bless you for giving those brothers sanctuary 2 years ago and fond thoughts for all the little ones you have lost recently - all now running free with our other Bridge babies

RunFreeoverRainbow-Bridge.jpg

Goodbye Harry

Very sorry that poor Harry has gone. Our Moll went last week and it leaves a terrible emptiness in the house as I don't have to tell you. Lets hope that we get used to it but we will go on missing them.

Back