Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Dried Sweet potato chews

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Dried Sweet potato chews

I know a few board members have been trying to source these recently, our dogs love them, they last for a while and obviously are very healthy

I found a company who offer home delivery in the UK for these -

http://www.nelsonspetfoods.com/treats.php

If you e-mail them they will come back to you with a price for delivery.

They also do the Neem chews which are great for keeping teeth clean [but do not use if you have breeding animals, as Neem is reported to have a contraceptive effect]
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

oooh these look great!
    Shargill Java Lava AW(S) Hainan Flash of Gold ~ Toy Poodle Hainan's Slinky Minx ~ Border Collie

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Yes I think they are wonderful - if you order please can you mention Cavalier Talk? Thank you.
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

Ordered some, they are ot of stock but expect a deliivery soon. I am thrilled to have found these as I make them at the moment and they look pretty revolting but taste good Fantastic Nicky, thanks for finding this.
    Tania and The Three Cavaliers!
    Dotty!- A Sweet Little Tri
    Molly - Pretty Tri Dougall - Gorgeous Blenheim

Post Thanks / Like

Tania , how do you make them? Do you cook them slowly in the oven to dry them out?
    I have some sweet potato in the fridge at the moment, I might try to do something with it for the dogs.
    Shirley
    A comfy lap for
    Trapper - tri boy Feb 2004, Bosco - ruby boy Jan 2008

Post Thanks / Like

Ohhh sweet potato treats are becoming so popular now! I buy some from a store called Petsmart we have in the US that is a slice of dried sweet potato wrapped around with some dried chicken. Coco goes nuts with those! Probably takes her a good 5 to 10 minutes to eat one. Once I give her one she parades around the house with it in her mouth before settling down to chew it. So cute!

I have also started to see rope toys with sweet potato chunks on them. http://www.amazon.com/Organic-Dog-Tr.../dp/B000Q1ZRYM

I want to try one of those next!

Post Thanks / Like

Default Sweet Potato Chews

Hi guys, new to the site and just came accross this thread! I make 'Sweet Potato Chews' from home and do mail order for anyone interested. I also make 'Apple' and 'Banana' Chews which are just as yummy and healthy. I only use 100% vegetables and fruit, nothing else added and all Irish made!

If you'd like to order just email me at barbara@petchums.com and let me know how many you'd like etc. I have paypal set up so it's all secure. Price is 2.60 per bag and delivery is from between 3.50 to 4.85 depending on weight.

I'm also working on a chicken chew made from 100% chicken breast so if anyone's interested email me and I'll let you know when they're ready to order.

Ps: Opps! don't know how to attach images so here's the link to photobucket http://s872.photobucket.com/albums/a...&current=1.jpg

Woofs & Tail Wags!
    Barbara

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi barbara

Will you send me a pm pls for cost d/d Prenton Cheshire for two bags of each ,Poppys got me in a headlock till I send this .
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like

I used to make my own Sweet Potato treats. All I can say it gives mine terrible wind.
    Sabby
    Rosie-06/06 - Ebony-01/07 Harley-08/08
    " My sunshine doesn't come from the skies, it comes from the love in my dogs eyes "

Post Thanks / Like

Funny you should say that, Sabby, because I was thrilled to discover these treats (as an alternative to the oh-so-malodorous tripe sticks) but all the girls had rather runny tummies the next day, so I haven't placed an order, sadly.
    Marie-Anne taken over by
    Hattie (Blenheim) Poppy (Blenheim) + Lucy (Shih-tzu)
    Louie, Joss, Peppa, Megan, Victoria all waiting patiently at the Bridge