• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Goodness look at the size of this boy

Just wow! I know it's easy to sneak up (but not that much I'd think). My Max gained weight over last winter due to a decrease in exercise without a corresponding decrease in food. In my mind he didn't look any different. I am going to weight both dogs weekly this winter to make sure I notice any trends. The exercise part is hard because although we go on daily walks the bulk of their exercise is running in the yard and with as much snow as we have their running area is much smaller. We've also had a cold spell where I haven't taken them out walking much. We've played hide and seek in the house but it's not the same that's for sure.

Feeding my two 135g of dried food a day would have them looking like Max within a couple of weeks - and that's his diet amount! 100g of Burns High Oats (great for dieting!) might have more effect... I think many Cavalier owners would be shocked if they weighed their dogs.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

:yikes....Poor big guy! I can't imagion the health issues that would cause! I saw a tri in similar condition when I took Flash to the neuro. She was having trouble breathing and walking. It's sad some owners can't realize the horrible affects of over feeding.

Holy cow! How could a cavalier DOUBLE in weight? That is too bad for him. But...something looks off. I agree he looks like he could have springer in him. A healthy weight may be 25 - 30lbs for him?

Oh my Lord!! Bless his little heart - must be working so hard!! How can you let your dog get like that! Yes, them big beautiful eyes make you give in, but jeez not that much!

He's a bruiser, for sure! Seems doubtful that 19.8 pounds is his ideal weight given his large build. He looks like a sweet old gentleman -- good luck to him on his diet!

Now that I think of it I met a Cavalier not long ago that was probably about that weight. The poor thing was so heavy that I thought it was some kind of bulldog cross although I could see a bit of spaniel in his face. Imagine my shock when the owner brought him up to Max and I and said she doesn't see very many other Ruby's. When she noticed my confusion she said I probably didn't recognize him as a Cavalier because he was shaved - yes I'm sure that was it:?

GOSH-- He looks so sad bless him!!!

I agree with Kate, 100gr of Burns High Oats a day is what bought my Rubes down from 11.6kg at her porky heaviest (my fault YES) to the lovely trim 9.8kg she is now!!

Its a fab diet food!- that and some raw veggies should do the trick!

Back