• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Potty training

Ben101

I think we have it cracked... I was trying to train my king Charles "ben" to go to the potty in the side ally beside my house for a couple of weeks and today is the first day he went to the back door waited for me to open and then ran around the side to do he's business , I was starting to think I was mad trying to train him to a particular spot is their anybody else that has tried this and how have you got on?????

Consider yourself lucky! My Coco is 20 weeks old now and never shows signs of needing to go other than circling and looking for a spot. I wish she would go to the door by herself to let us know! What is funny is that we go potty out the only door we have in our house, the front door.

How did you get yours to "tell" you when he needs to go? For me to prevent accidents I have to keep Coco on a schedule because she won't "tell" us otherwise :(

How did you get yours to "tell" you when he needs to go? For me to prevent accidents I have to keep Coco on a schedule because she won't "tell" us otherwise :(

Guinness barks when it's time to go outside. Some people train their dog to ring a bell. You have to be pretty strict about it to keep the "I gotta go" bell from becoming the "I wanna play outside" bell, or worse the "everybody pay attention to me" bell.

Kevin I started by going outside with him every time I taught he needed to go and when he started to show signs I'd use the command get busy after a couple of days of this he would poop or pee when I told him to get busy then I moved him to the side ally, if I'm in work tho ge will sometimes get lazy and poop on the patio when my wife let's him I think it's because she doesn't give him treats ???

I let Chamberlain out of the same door to go potty and use a word "Let's go potty" So now he goes and sits by the back door. He doesn't bark or whine tho....

Back