Thread: Magic the westie

Post Thanks / Like

Default Magic the westie

Just wanted to share the story of a little westie called Magic... I don't know if anyone remembers, but Bella (our westie) was diagnosed with GME (an inflammation of the brain) in August. Since then, I found a great, supportive forum for people with GME dogs. One of the ladies there had a westie called Magic. Magic, like Bella, was a Many Tears rescue and because of their unusual condition, we suspect there is some genetic link between them (possibly that Bella is descended from Magic). Unfortunately, despite a long treatment, Magic lost her fight and had to be put to sleep this week. Although I never met her, I felt as if I knew her and feel very sad at her loss
    Owned by Kizzy - ex-breeding blenheim CKCS (cross?!), Zara -mini schnauzer, Ozzy - golden retriever and Bella - ex-breeding Westie

North Scotland - east coast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Oh I'm so sad to hear about Magic - yes I do remember you posting about poor Bella - there used to be some confusion with GME and Syringomyelia symptoms, a member of one of the Yahoo lists lost a Chihuahua to GME which was my introduction to the condition.

For such a rare condition, it would seem odd that both Magic and Bella suffered, if they weren't related - as I understand it is hereditary?

Please pass our sympathies to Magic's family - and to you as well, I do understand what you are saying, I have become very attached to some dogs who I know I will never meet, and the loss of one of them can affect you deeply.

Take care and cuddle Bella close
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos
    Supporting and

Tipperary Ireland
    Post Thanks / Like

I'm sorry. Rest in Peace Magic.
    Desrae, guardian of two tri-coloured cavaliers, Belle 3 years old and Bobby 1 year/8 months.