• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Remembering animal companions no longer with us 2010...

Nicki

At this special time of year we like to remember those who are no longer with us, waiting at the Rainbow bridge for the day when we will once again be together.

*ng*l Please feel free to add your animal angels to this thread, together with photos and poems if you would like.

April 2010 saw the tragic loss of our precious boy Teddy [at only 6 1/2 from Syringomyelia] - he was such a sweet, soft, cuddly boy - the most wonderful Cavalier you could ever dream of loving - life will never be the same again and still seems very empty without him :(

medium.jpg

followed just one week later by our long term foster, Fufu [Great Granny to our three little ones]

medium.jpg

They sadly joined our Cruz, Rupert [whose name means Bright Star :)], Kyla, Peaches, Fillipa and Izzy [all Cavaliers] who honoured us with their companionship in life. The brightest stars in the night sky - forever in our thoughts and our hearts :lotsaluv:

Also remembering the precious little ones who shared our lives in the past:

Tigger, Pooky, Sixpence, Marmaduke and Shaboo - all Kitties

Benjamin Bunny and Flacky the Guinea Pig

Penfold, Custard, Biscuit and Humphrey the Hamsters

Sunny the Budgie

This is a quote I got from my friend Miki Ferrari on Facebook which I like even though I know it does not make things easier.

"Each dog who passes from my life takes a piece of my heart and each dog who enters gives me a piece of theirs. If I live long enough my whole heart will be made of dog and a better human I'll be"

Nicki,

I know how special Teddy was to you and I am sure it is hard without him. I can't imagine it and I feel for everyone this holiday time without the ones they loved.

I really have been thinking of you.

In March we lost my sweet Mindy - just a month after her twelth birthday and a week after my birthday. She had a short battle with cancer but had been the picture of health for the first 11 3/4 years of her life (even taking a foundation agility class at 10 and LOVING it) so we were very blessed. Even though she was the quietest dog the house does seem empty without her

Our little Sonny left us on 28th February so this has been our first Christmas without him. We sadly lost him to MVD. Not a day goes by when I don't think of him and miss him very much.
We're hoping to drive to the Braes near our home ( a fave spot of Sonnys) after dark to release a Chinese Lantern in memory of him.
DSCN1306.jpg

Chiara, Morgana was such a BEAUTIFUL girl - the sheen on her coat is amazing. I hope that Nickey is a comfort to you.

That's a lovely photo of Sonny, Carol - and a beautiful thought to release a Chinese Lantern.

I hope you managed to enjoy Christmas with Kaley - it's always hard when someone special is missing, but he will always be with you in your hearts.

Mindysmom - so sorry for the loss of your beloved Mindy - I hope it is a comfort that you enjoyed so many happy and healthy years together.

Thank you all for sharing, I do believe it helps to know that we all share our pain and the memories of our loved ones.

Hi Nicki, this post is such a lovely idea. I think it helps knowing there are others in the same position as yourself. It's sometimes hard for extended family to understand how you feel if they are not particularly "animal" people.

Hope things weren't too bad over the holidays without Teddy and Fufu.:hug:

"Princess" Kaley ( as Elise calls her!!:) ) continues to fill the house with laughter and fun as well as covering me in kisses. I'm so pleased we decided to take on a rescue dog , while it might not work for some people ( we got a lot of raised eyebrows from family who felt we were disloyal to Sonny!) having another Cavalier is great, she's not replacing him, just filling another space in my heart!:l*v:

With the year coming to an end, I have been thinking more about my boy Gary. He died this past October at such a young age of only 3 years old. He had hip dysplasia in both hips, elbow dysplasia in both elbows, as well as shoulder problems. Every day was a struggle for him to walk, even after he had surgery on his elbows, shoulders, and one hip. What finished him was a sudden onset of kidney failure.

He was the best Rottie I ever knew, and always such a goof and kept a smile on his face even on his worst days. Gary was a Cavalier in a Rottweiler suit. Although he had the best personality, his health was a struggle. He taught me the lesson of doing your research before buying a pet..the hard way. Its not fair he had to go through what he did. Rest peacefully my boy. I will never forget you!

1K2G9741.jpg

This is my smiling boy in his prime.

I made this video dedicated to Gary when he was 2 years old. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q9RU5wEjZ8E It shows what he had to go through but how he was always playful and happy despite his problems.

Last edited:
I have lost two precious Wagtails to MVD. Louie was my first ever Cav - a B/T who lived to be 10 and then died in the back of my car on the way to the vet, the day before my beloved god-daughter got married in London in June 2000

Louiescanned01EMAIL.jpg

and Joss, my precious tri who only made it to 8 years old, and was the mother of my present tri Victoria

Josspeekabooincaravan.jpg

and then there was Peppa, who I was blessed to "rescue" when she was 4 years old, but only lived with me for 4 months before she ran away and was hit by an unknown vehicle on her first walk off the lead with me. I still go cold when I think about that fateful day - she was such a lovely little girl, but managed to run over 2 miles to reach an isolated lane just as that unknown driver reached it too.

Cuddlesareeverything.jpg

Sweet dreams, sweet hearts

Back