• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Fosterer saying hello

ellem

Hi, I've just joined this forum and have enjoyed reading all the interesting posts and useful information.

I foster small dogs and sometimes have hand-rear kittens or pregnant mums here to foster whilst they have their babies. I don't have any dogs of my own, but have two Ragdoll cats, one of which loves to mother any babies.

I work from home which is ideal for fostering. I've always loved Cavaliers, ever since I was about 7 years old and saw a litter of pups. I thought they were the most beautiful dogs I'd ever seen.

It's always difficult letting foster dogs go and I usually have a few tears, but it's worth while when you get the perfect home for them. I just keep telling myself that if I let them go, I can offer a space to another little one. Fostering can be the break they need between their old situation and a new, happy life.

I am constantly amazed at the work the rescue organisations do; it can seem like a never ending, sometimes thankless task. But when you see the photos of dogs, happy and content, in their new homes, the reasons for doing it become clear.

Hello and icon_welcome lovely to have you with us.

It sounds like you have a very busy life!! I think it's wonderful to foster, we have done that ourselves, and as you say, not always easy to say goodbye but you have given that wee one the best possible chance at a new life, the greatest gift you can give.

Hopefully one day you will have someone you can keep - I think Ragdoll cats are lovely though, someone on the board has a new Ragdoll kitten [Willow] - my apologies I think it's Murphys Mum but not sure right now :confused:

Karlin who owns the board runs Irish Cavalier Rescue http://www.ckcsrescue.com/rescue/welcome.html and quite a few board members are involved with rescue work too, so you are amongst friends!!

We hope you will stop with us and learn more about our beloved breed - do you ever foster Cavaliers?

Hi Nikki,

Thanks for the welcome. :) I've had a look at Karlin's site and she is doing an amazing job. I've never had a Cavalier to foster, but I think they are a lovely breed of dog; great personalities and such sweet faces.

I'm enjoying reading everyone's experiences here.

Elle

Hi there, what a wonderful thing you do! Fostering is very tough. I have fostered a cat and a dog before too, and boy the feeling of them going to the right home is amazing!

Funny thing is I also have a Ragdoll kitty boy named Solo. Let me tell you, a Raggie/Cavie combo is the absolute best animal match made in heaven!!!!

Welcome :)

Thank you for your foster work. I think people like you are a vital part of rescue, and an often thankless part as well. Fosters take animals in dire straights, then show them what love and home life are -- only to release them to others. But without people like you, rescue just couldn't happen.

I also have a cat who adores my cavalier. The two are very much the best of friends!

Back