Thread: cats!

Post Thanks / Like

Default cats!

Hi, hope this is in the right place.

I wondered if anyone has any tips for stopping my pup chasing my cats. I know just now she is curious and just wants to play but I dont want it becomming a cat obsesion, she does seem to enjoy the chase! I am at the moment trying to distract her when a cat comes in but once she sees them there is no distraction that works other than picking her up and moving her.

Post Thanks / Like

I'm afraid that our cats had to take care of that themselves ("Ack!!" Rose discovered...the cats are weaponized!!). And now Rose still chases one of the cats, but the cat is game for it *facepalm*. The other cat, Rose gives a wiiiiiide berth, just like any other dog who has stayed at our house more than an hour, lol. But, in reality, recall, recall, recall and/or a safety command (my sister uses "crash!") is the only way I've found to deal with dogs chasing cats. We are still working on that ourselves..., but you've got to have it if they see a cat (or anything else) outside and make a dash. Good luck! I'd love to hear any more ideas myself.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have an article in the Library section on Cavaliers and Cats which should give you plenty of information (I have four cats myself!). This is a management/time issue, primarily. You do need to be very careful with a pup -- they are playful and curious but I know of more than one cavalier that has lost or damaged an eye from an encounter with an annoyed (or even playful) cat.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Here's the thread -- I used the search function to get it.

http://www.cavaliertalk.com/forums/s...-and-cavaliers
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like

ooh thankyou will have a read now