• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Minnie and Jemima Harrison's Blog Spot

Its quite funny the attacks on jemima. The comments themselves are what is damaging the most. Still did anyone answer or your question margaret? If they did then people would not have to speculate. I still don't understand what they can achieve but creating more unhealthy dogs.

Someone mentioned this in a comment and I was curious before but did not ask because I did not think anyone would want to talk about other breeds. I just wondered how the bulldog club reacted or other breed clubs? Is the cavalier club not really generating the best image? I did read that they were given something to actually change the look of the bulldog. They obviously spoke why they wanted more time. Also just by having a roommate with an english bulldog I knew the had health issues etc. I don't think that was being hidden. however changing the actual look is so much more than simply having a what changes the kc suggested.

In the usa, I am always seeing "the great dane society" at pet events with a table or their own function to promote health awareness in their breed and raise money to support their health. I've always wondered and also others "why can't we do that" I guess tania did, but such a shame because I actually respect how they are active. who knows maybe just maybe if they were public and had events they could help pay for the 100 pounds which is nothing compared to other areas in the world.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

In the usa, I am always seeing "the great dane society" at pet events with a table or their own function to promote health awareness in their breed and raise money to support their health.

Anne

In the dog breeding world things are not always what they seem and people can lie.

Some breeds with caring breeders running the clubs are very good. The problem is that if you have a popular breed dominated by commercially minded breeders then these health awareness events do not happen, or at the very best happen only in a very controlled manner.

I raised money for heart and health funds for years and ran a health table, but it made me very unpopular indeed, and suggestions as to how the money should be used were vetoed by committee members.
Efforts to deal with the spreading problem of SM were quite frankly sabotaged.

You will see the same process going on now.

Take for instance the health representative who has said she will email all her members for their opinion of the official MRI scheme and take their views to the meeting on 3rd February.

she wrote
"I have simply cut and pasted details of the scheme from the Cavalier Club web site and am asking for comments"

The notes on the scheme include........

"The scheme cost is not finalised yet but is expected to be in the order of £80 – £100. This will be in addition to the cost of the scan

This person is being a little economical with the truth. She has not cut & pasted this sentence onto her email attachment as she says, she has taken it from within the notes, added it at the end, and highlighted it by writing it in capital letters

The scheme cost is not finalised yet but is expected to cost between £80 – £100.
THIS WILL BE IN ADDITION TO THE COST OF THE SCAN.

No bias, or attempt to influence there then?

One promising development is that Mark Marshall, who was recently removed without any explanation from the breeders' forum, has offered to take over her health representative position and accompany her to the February meeting.

There can be no doubt that this will be an enormous relief to her as she has stated so many times.....

"I did not want to be the Health Rep for my Club it's just a job I have to do because no-one else wants it either"

MINNIE and JEMIMA HARRISON'S BLOG SPOT

Anne

In the dog breeding world things are not always what they seem and people can lie.

Some breeds with caring breeders running the clubs are very good. The problem is that if you have a popular breed dominated by commercially minded breeders then these health awareness events do not happen, or at the very best happen only in a very controlled manner.

I raised money for heart and health funds for years and ran a health table, but it made me very unpopular indeed, and suggestions as to how the money should be used were vetoed by committee members.
Efforts to deal with the spreading problem of SM were quite frankly sabotaged.

You will see the same process going on now.

Take for instance the health representative who has said she will email all her members for their opinion of the official MRI scheme and take their views to the meeting on 3rd February.

she wrote
"I have simply cut and pasted details of the scheme from the Cavalier Club web site and am asking for comments"

The notes on the scheme include........

"The scheme cost is not finalised yet but is expected to be in the order of £80 – £100. This will be in addition to the cost of the scan

This person is being a little economical with the truth. She has not cut & pasted this sentence onto her email attachment as she says, she has taken it from within the notes, added it at the end, and highlighted it by writing it in capital letters

The scheme cost is not finalised yet but is expected to cost between £80 – £100.
THIS WILL BE IN ADDITION TO THE COST OF THE SCAN.

No bias, or attempt to influence there then?

One promising development is that Mark Marshall, who was recently removed without any explanation from the breeders' forum, has offered to take over her health representative position and accompany her to the February meeting.

There can be no doubt that this will be an enormous relief to her as she has stated so many times.....

"I did not want to be the Health Rep for my Club it's just a job I have to do because no-one else wants it either"

MINNIE and JEMIMA HARRISON'S BLOG SPOT.

I am trying to understand what some Cavalier Breeders have against the Proposed BVA/KC MRI Scanning Scheme.

Is it because they will have to give a wee bit more Money ?

Is it because the Results of the Scans will be Known?

Do they not believe that SM is a Problem in our Cavalier Breed?

I just cannot make Head nor Tail of their Objections.

Could some-body please Help Me?

What is the Reason for all the Vindictiveness being Aired at the Moment by some Cavalier Breeders ,surely if they had the Well Being of the Cavaliers as their Priority ,they would want this Scheme to be Implemented.

Finally though can I mention, why should such an Important Decision be only allowed for CKCS CLUB MEMBERS to have their say , I would think that there will be more Owners of Cavaliers who are not Members of any CKCS CLUB but are so involved with Cavaliers with SM.

Bet

I am trying to understand what some Cavalier Breeders have against the Proposed BVA/KC MRI Scanning Scheme.

Is it because they will have to give a wee bit more Money ?

Is it because the Results of the Scans will be Known?

Do they not believe that SM is a Problem in our Cavalier Breed?

I just cannot make Head nor Tail of their Objections.

Could some-body please Help Me?

What is the Reason for all the Vindictiveness being Aired at the Moment by some Cavalier Breeders ,surely if they had the Well Being of the Cavaliers as their Priority ,they would want this Scheme to be Implemented.

Finally though can I mention, why should such an Important Decision be only allowed for CKCS CLUB MEMBERS to have their say , I would think that there will be more Owners of Cavaliers who are not Members of any CKCS CLUB but are so involved with Cavaliers with SM.

Bet

This has just appeared on the CKCS CLUB WEB SITE.

"All Cavalier Clubs to Meet With the KENNEL CLUB To Discuss The CM/SM Scheme And Publication of Results --3rd February 2011.

Following the Presentation on CM/SM to the Cavalier Club Members on 7-10-2010,the Kennel Club took note of concerns by those Present ,IN PARTICULAR the PUBLICATION of RESULTS.Various Cavalier Clubs made their views known to the Kennel Club .The CKCS CLUB Committee were indidiually asked by their Health Representative ,Maggie Ford, ,as to whether they wished to Support the Results of the Scheme being Published and the MAJORITY of the CAVALIER CLUB COMMITTEE GAVE THEIR SUPPORT .

The Kennel Club subsequesently requested a Meeting of All Clubs to look at how those Results are Published and a LIASON MEETING has been called for £rd February .An Officer from each Club should be Present ,hopefully with their Health Representative .

The CKCS CLUB was asked to arrange this Meeting .

Following the Discussion with the Kennel Club ,the General Liason Meeting will take Place.

So has all the Bickering been about some Cavalier Breeders trying to make the MRI Results not being made Public,what is the Difference between the MRI Results not being made Available to the Public and the MVD Results are.

What are they wanting to cover up?

Bet

This has just appeared on the CKCS CLUB WEB SITE.

"All Cavalier Clubs to Meet With the KENNEL CLUB To Discuss The CM/SM Scheme And Publication of Results --3rd February 2011.

Following the Presentation on CM/SM to the Cavalier Club Members on 7-10-2010,the Kennel Club took note of concerns by those Present ,IN PARTICULAR the PUBLICATION of RESULTS.Various Cavalier Clubs made their views known to the Kennel Club .The CKCS CLUB Committee were indidiually asked by their Health Representative ,Maggie Ford, ,as to whether they wished to Support the Results of the Scheme being Published and the MAJORITY of the CAVALIER CLUB COMMITTEE GAVE THEIR SUPPORT .

The Kennel Club subsequesently requested a Meeting of All Clubs to look at how those Results are Published and a LIASON MEETING has been called for £rd February .An Officer from each Club should be Present ,hopefully with their Health Representative .

The CKCS CLUB was asked to arrange this Meeting .

Following the Discussion with the Kennel Club ,the General Liason Meeting will take Place.

So has all the Bickering been about some Cavalier Breeders trying to make the MRI Results not being made Public,what is the Difference between the MRI Results not being made Available to the Public and the MVD Results are.

What are they wanting to cover up?

Bet

I do wonder if the Lovers of Cavaliers really do understand what we are up against.

That some Cavalier Breeders will try any means to find Excuses for not Helping the Suffering of Cavalier Breed from SM and MVD.

They have a Vicious Go at Neurologists ,Margaret ,or any-body else who is getting their way about the telling the Truth about the SM and MVD Problem in The Breed.

Will they only be Happy when they have no-body to Make their Vitriolic Attacks Against , that the Researchers and every-body else has Walked away in Disgust and the Cavalier Breed is gone for-ever.

No they are not Puppy Farmers or BYB's .but Many who are following what is going on at the Moment, CKCS CLUB MEMBERS.

Bet

Back