• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Charlie: sad loss

nicola

I am so so sorry for your loss. We also lost our much loved B & T at 10 months old, thats why I haven't been on the forum and I have not posted about it as it is just too painful! He sprinted out the front door whilst it was open for one second and was knocked down and killed in front of us outside our home. We will never get over it and never forget him. He looked just like your beautiful Sunshine. Keep going over that day in my mind and all the 'what ifs'. Take care x

Dear Nicola

I have copied this thread to here as I'm sure people will want to express their sympathies.

I'ts very hard, these things happen so quickly, Cavaliers can be very fast when they want to and have no conception of danger - we have seen it happen quite a few times over the life of the forum.

Just tragic and there is obviously so much guilt attached too, making it even harder to deal with :(:(

You have our sympathies, I'm sorry I could not find the name of your boy so when you feel able, perhaps you could tell us a bit more about him? I could only find Charlie and Henry mentioned in your posts.

I just wanted to tell you that you are in our thoughts :flwr::flwr:

It's not fair that these things happen,I really know how you feel & I'm sorry for your sad loss. We had a beauty blen 1.5 and she got out side gate that had blown open in the night,she only went out for a wee and I found her dead on the road,she could have only been out 5mins. We miss her so much,my boy, 7, still pines after her. We then lost a fab pup to meningitis,which was just devastating. We now have 2 more cavs, Ellie will never be replaced but our two babies seem to comfort us and they are spoilt rotten.

I'm also sharing your heartache, Nicola, and from personal experience, sadly.

We rescued our beautiful Peppa when she was about 4 years old but were only privileged to keep her for 4 months when she escaped from me on her very first off-lead walk and ran 2 miles across fields and on to a pretty much deserted lane - except for the one vehicle which was travelling along it at the time and probably didn't even realise they had hit her. It's so hard to forgive yourself and you never forget them.

Thinking of you and hoping time will heal the hurt a little :wggle:

Thank you all :hug: Such sad stories!! My daughter is really suffering badly with it. She is 7 and on New Years Eve she sent him a card up to heaven. It had hearts and a picture of him and her on it and it said 'Dear Charlie, I still can't believe you are gone. I thought we would be BFFs forever. I will always love you and never forget you.' The spelling wasn't perfect but you could read what she was saying and then she posted it out the window...and has been checking around the garden ever since to make sure it has been sent to heaven. She also regularly writes him songs and poems and can often be found crying at random moments when she is thinking about him. It makes my heart break. I haven't even told the breeder...and to think I was so concerned when it was discovered he had a little puppy murmur I rang the breeder in tears. Little did I know a murmur was going to be the least of my worries. We have since fully enclosed the entire perimeter of our acre and a half property including the front. The property can only now be accessed by a seven foot gate with seven foot walls and fencing around the whole property....we owed it to Charlie to keep him safe and we failed so the way I look at it is we now owe it to the other dogs to ensure it never happens again. We live on a country road which is very narrow and windy and while its not that busy when cars do go past they tend to be breaking the speed limit!! So thats the story really. Theres not a day goes by where I don't think about him and ache over what might have been. My only small consolation is that he was killed instantly and therefore did not suffer. Thank you so much for your kind words and Nicki thankyou for posting it for me.

Sorry...just to clarify, the little B & T we lost was 'Charlie The First'. We also now have a lovely ruby boy 'Charlie The Second' and also Henry who is a blenheim. Lady who was very close to Charlie the First, went to live with my sister who lives nearby as she was pineing terribly after him. We also have a 5 year old lovely Old English sheepdog and we recently adopted a 7 year old chocolate lab 'Fudge' who is a real gem. Other animals in the house include Isabella our 3 year old moggie and 2 gorgeous guinea pigs and a rabbit called Peter...Yes you might be asking yourselves do they own a zoo? Sometimes I ask myself the same question lol but I wouldn't want it any other way and I just love them all and I love that my kids are growing up in the countryside with all our animals! Are extended family all have dogs and between us there are 7 cavaliers as well as various other breeds such as Lhasa Apso, golden retrievers so you can imagine the fun at family get togethers.

Sorry for your loss. We like in the countryside too similar to yourself. We have a half door which I find great because if someone calls like the postman etc I just open the top to chat to them and the dogs are safe. The back patio is fenced off so I can open the back door or side door to let them out. Its very handy.

Back