• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Moose

Gina G

We finally got a call back from one of his vets and they were able to get us right away and the Dr. was very accomidating. He had me get up on the table holding moose in my arms with his head on my heart, like I promised him. He went so peacefully, it was truely the right choice. His breathing was getting more labored and he was raspy. Thank all of you so much for getting me through this, he was a special compainon and we shall never forget him. (American Kennel Club I LOVE MOOSEY, Date of birth March 9th 2002)

I am so sorry you had to make the final decision. I know how hard it is.

Moose was lucky to be so loved. You have been a a wonderful carer to him.

I'm so sorry, you have been in our thoughts.

I know that it isn't much comfort right now, but many of us have been where you are :(:(

In time that awful raw pain really does ease and although you will always carry a sadness, the happy memories will be with you and Moose will always be in your heart.

I know you will have to tell your daughter which is going to be very hard for you :(

Moose was indeed lucky to be so loved, and to receive such dedicated care.

You are all so kind

Thank you so much for your support my only reget is not finding this site sooner, But now that I have been through this maybe I can do something about educating vets in my area about this and make some kind of difference.

I'm so, so sorry -- it takes courage to be there for our friends when we have to make this hard decision but clearly with you, it was one taken in love and with much consideration. I think we all can feel your helplessness at watching a loved cavalier decline and not wanting to make the wrong decision, and we either all know what this is like or can imagine the distress. You will be in many of our thoughts tonight. :flwr:

I'm so sorry for your loss. You did the kindest thing a pet owner can do at a time like this - you freed Moose from his suffering. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I am so very, very sorry for your loss. I know it's of no comfort now, but you really did the courageous and humane thing for Moose. Many of us have been in your shoes and will never forget the experience. Time helps with the raw pain, and after a while this is replaced with wonderful memories of happier times with your beloved pet.

I'm so glad you found this forum in time to ease Moose's suffering in a loving way. My thoughts are with you now.

Oh gosh. I'm so so sorry. I'm glad you found this forum, hoping we can be of some comfort, we're here for you! You made the right decision, Moose is free now. My heart goes out to you and your family.:flwr:

Im so terribly sorry for your loss. I read the other thread, then came here...
Having an SM girl myself, I had tears in my eyes. I can feel your love for Moose shining true.
Moose is a beautiful name and a beautiful boy. He has been lucky to have a forever home with you and will always be waiting for you at the rainbow bridge.

Have been thinking of you and Moose so much over the past few difficult days. I'm sure you did the kindest thing in giving him his wings and, as so many others have said, we're all here for you if and when you need us.

Do you know the Rainbow Bridge story?
Flowerspoog.gif

By the edge of a wood at the foot of a hill
Is a lush green meadow, where time stands still
Where the friends of man and woman do run
When their time on earth is over and done

For here between this world and the next
Is a place where each beloved creature finds rest
On this golden land they wait and they play
Till the rainbow bridge they cross over one day

No more do they suffer in pain or in sadness
For here they are whole, their lives filled with gladness
Their limbs are restored, their health renewed
Their bodies have healed with strength imbued

They romp through the grass without even a care
Until one day they stop and sniff at the air
All ears prick forward, eyes dart front and back
Then all of a sudden one breaks from the pack

For just at that instant their eyes have met
Together again, both person and pet
So they run to each other, these friends from long past
The time of their parting is over at last

The sadness they felt while they were apart
Has turned into joy once more in each heart
They embrace with a love that will last forever
And then side by side they cross over together

I'm so so sorry. It is so hard but I hope you can take comfort from knowing you did right by your beloved Moose, though it is so difficult now. Please know he was lucky to have you. Big hugs

So very sorry for your loss, its so tough to make the decision even when you know its for the best. At least his passing was peaceful and he knew he was loved.:hug::hug:

Back