Thread: Great Oaks from little acorns grow

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Great Oaks from little acorns grow

http://www.dogworld.co.uk/News/01-Front-Cover

Two years ago it would have been unthinkable that the KC would stop any BOB or Champion from automatically taking their award

Only 15 problem breeds will face a vet check before being awarded their Champion crown, but hopefully this is the start of a process that will eventually see health rated as highly as beauty in all breeds

I look forward to the day that cavalier owners have to submit all the relevant health certificates before they make up a champion.
    Margaret C

Cavaliers......Faith, The Ginger Tank and Woody.
    Japanese Chins.... Dandy, Benny, Bridgette and Hana.
    Remembered with love......... Tommy Tuppence and Fonzi

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

It's an excellent start and I think the Kennel Club should be applauded for finally heading in the right direction - but I so wish it had been extended to cover ALL breeds [most especially our beloved Cavaliers]

These are all thinks that judges should actually be aware of anyway - and surely if a dog is limping, they should be immediately disqualified anyway?
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

Nicki wrote: surely if a dog is limping, they should be immediately disqualified anyway?

Don't you believe it! I went to a big Championship show last year and one of the Cavalier class winners had terrible movement - he couldn't flex his hindlegs and push off with them at all, but 'titupped' round the ring. My friend and I looked at each other and murmured 'Patellas!' - but he still came first, and the judge was a well-respected breeder.

Good for the KC on this one - it's at least a start, and a huge step forward for them.

Kate, Oliver and Aled