• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

HEADLINES in THIS WEEK'S DOG WORLD 6-1-2011

Bet

The Headlines in this Week's DOG WORLD are ,that....

CHAMPIONS and BEST of BREED WINNERS in 15 Breeds to be HEALTH CHECKED ,and will not be given their Awards unless they Health Cleared

Unfortunately our Cavaliers are not included in the List issued by the Kennel Club

In the Recent Health Survey carried out by the Kennel Club/BVA ,the figure of 42% was given for Cavaliers having Heart Problems.

Also the figure of 50% of Cavaliers having Heart Murmers at 5-6 years of age is quoted by Cardiologists.

I have contacted the Kennel Club asking the Reason why our Cavalier Breed has not been included their List, mentioning that it would be quite Simple to Administer .

That a Cavalier is not Made a Champion or Best of Breed Winner unless a Heart Certificate is Shown to Prove that He or She has NO Heart Problem.

If I get a Reply from the Kennel Club ,I will let you know their answer.

Bet

The Headlines in this Week's DOG WORLD are ,that....

CHAMPIONS and BEST of BREED WINNERS in 15 Breeds to be HEALTH CHECKED ,and will not be given their Awards unless they Health Cleared

Unfortunately our Cavaliers are not included in the List issued by the Kennel Club

In the Recent Health Survey carried out by the Kennel Club/BVA ,the figure of 42% was given for Cavaliers having Heart Problems.

Also the figure of 50% of Cavaliers having Heart Murmers at 5-6 years of age is quoted by Cardiologists.

I have contacted the Kennel Club asking the Reason why our Cavalier Breed has not been included their List, mentioning that it would be quite Simple to Administer .

That a Cavalier is not Made a Champion or Best of Breed Winner unless a Heart Certificate is Shown to Prove that He or She has NO Heart Problem.

If I get a Reply from the Kennel Club ,I will let you know their answer.

Bet

I have just received this Reply from the Kennel Club.

The current initative allows Vets to look at the High Profile Breeds with outward symptoms ,of which the CKCS is not currently one.

One of the Reasons for this is to Stop People Breeding to Exaggerate Features for the Show Ring and ensure that the Healthiest possible Litters are Bred

The CKCS is a Breed that Requires Health Testing under the Kennel Club Accredited Breeder Scheme which is set up to help Responsible Breeders to Breed Healthy Litters and help the Public buy a a Puppy in the Best Possible Health.

So I guess it's going to be us who Love the Cavalier Breed to Shout From the Roof Tops, that the Cavalier Breed is a Sick Breed.

DO NOT BUY CAVALIER FROM A CAVALIER BREEDER who does not Health Test their Cavalier Breeding Stock and follow the Breeding Guideline Recommendations, .

Bet

Unbelievable :mad: Thank you for sharing this Bet.

I have again contacted the Kennel Club when I read the Word REQUIRE for Accredited Cavalier Breeders ,but no the Accredited Cavalier Breeders are only RECOMMENDED to Health Test for MVD and SM.

SO NOW WE KNOW.

It's up to us to get the Message across to Cavalier Buyers ,don't buy a Cavalier unless you see a Certificate to Prove that the Cavalier Breeder has Health Tested and followed the Breeding Guideline Recomendations. .

Bet

Back