• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

new diet

nicola

Hi everyone, just wondering what you think of this. I have decided to change my two boys diet to orijen kibble, half a cup daily, plus a handful each of frozen veggies ie.a mix of green beans, carrots and peas plus either apple/banana/pear plus a dry biscuit at night for their teeth. I add Yumega oil to their kibble but am also going to start giving them sardines once a week also. Does this seem like an acceptable diet for them? Any thoughts? TIA

Well the new diet is going well so far. They LOVE the orijjen!! I am giving them less than the recommended guidelines but am giving them frozen veggies and the odd bit of apple. They also get small amount of treats just when theyve been out to the toilet. I add a teaspoon of yumega oil to their kibble, should I still give them sardines occasionally? Any suggestions to make their diet better would be appreciated. I am kind of new to this in that I previously just gave them various different kibble, I have never given them any human food so to speak! Is there any benefit to giving them yoghurt?

Well the new diet is going well so far. They LOVE the orijjen!! I am giving them less than the recommended guidelines but am giving them frozen veggies and the odd bit of apple.

I had mine on Orijen this time last year. It really suited Maddie, who we always struggle to keep weight on. Pippin piled on loads of weight with it unfortunately so I had to take them off it. You're definitely doing the right thing giving them less than the recommended amount and bulking it up with veggies. It's a wonderful food.

Back