• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Best toenail clippers?

love2driveinct

I realize that this should probably be posted in another area, but this seems to be the place where most of us frequent, so I figured I'd post it here.

I'm finally getting ready to purchase all of our grooming supplies -- I'd been putting it off a bit to space out some of the expenses. I'd like to buy the best quality, if possible. I've looked into the Chris Christensen brushes & combs, and will probably buy those unless someone has a specific recommendation to purchase something different.

But I'm wondering if anyone has a pair of toenail clippers that they absolutely love? I really hate clipping nails, but I know that I will get better at it if I keep trying. I figure if I get good quality clippers I will increase the chances of success. :) Any recommendations?

Found a pair in the Martha Stewart collection sold at PetSmart -- reviews were very good and I think they are the pair for me. But if anyone has any recommendations, please don't hesitate to mention them. I probably will not get over to the store until tomorrow or the day after, depending on our weather situation.

Also, I just have to say that I've been in touch with someone at Chris Christensen Systems -- I needed some guidance on which products to purchase. They have been SUPER helpful, and in addition, I do not feel like I am being steered towards more expensive products as can be the case with other companies sometimes. So although I haven't received the items yet, so far I am quite impressed with the company. (y)

I use the guillotine (sp?) style toenail clippers for Holly and really like them. The kind where the "cutter" goes up and down seems to put the least amount of pressure on her nail beds. I bought them at Target for not very much, so it might not be necessary to spend a lot of money on clippers.

I use these to trim Coco's nails now. As a very small puppy I used the same style trimmers except the kind made for cats.

inset.jpg

I also really love the dremel and plan on getting one soon; but for now I let the groomers grind Coco's nails.

dremel.jpg

I use these to trim Coco's nails now. As a very small puppy I used the same style trimmers except the kind made for cats.

inset.jpg

I also really love the dremel and plan on getting one soon; but for now I let the groomers grind Coco's nails.

dremel.jpg

With a dremel tool, I heard you might want to put a sock over the dog's paw and then push a toenail through the sock before trimming it - otherwise cavaliers' foot hair can get caught up in the spinning tool.

Back