• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Naming a new puppy

Soushiruiuma

Guinness is getting new sister in a couple of weeks. She's a gorgeous Blenheim and we can't wait till she's home. But I'm having some trouble finding name for her. So I've got a small list of ideas, but please feel free to throw in any suggestions.

I'd like to keep with the beer theme, but it's not required. The names so far are:

Stella (Artois)
Artemis
Jinx
Amber
Kaikoura (named after a cream fortified with wine)
Luna (after Luna Lovegood from Harry Potter)

I'm leaning towards Jinx, it's short and cute, but not a name I've heard often (can't think of a single one).

Anyone who does contribute a name please include a sentence or 2 about it so I have a little background (something like -"it's the name of my favorite beer").

I googled "American Beers" and checked out the names. One was called Old Vienna. So I suggest Vienna. :D That was the only one I found that sounded remotely female.

Ooh Vienna is a pretty name.

Forgot one other name possibility is Avalanche, so her nickname would be "Ava".

Zima - When my parents and I rescued our family dog, we were very close to naming her Zima, but ended up with Zumie instead. Zima is a very cute beer/beverage name :p

Hops - used in brewing beer

Bailey - even though it is not a beer it is used in alcoholic beverages! Plus one of my favorite drinks it Guiness with a shot of Bailys and Irish whiskey dropped in. Yum!

Stout - would be cute to have Guiness and Stout :p

Hey congrats! How exciting to be awaiting a new pup. :D I like Jinx -- short and cute!

My vote is Bailey!

Guinness and Bailey sounds great together!

If we get another Great Pyrenees we are sticking with Russian names and if we get another Cavalier we are nameing them after famous people from Maine (where we are both from.)

Example: Joshua Chamberlain led the 20th Maine at Gettysburg during the Civil War.

Lots of cute ideas!

I'm not sure about Jinx, though -- to me it sounds like a boy's name. That's just my opinion, of course.

I love the idea behind Artemis, but if you think people might make a nickname out of it then you might want to consider that and how you would feel. (Artie?)

The St. Pauli girl right now is a model named Katarina, which is a very human name but quite lovely.

Stella is nice -- my friend named her dog Stella, and another friend named her daughter Estelle and she goes by Estelle, Stella, or Stellie. Very cute.

What about Brandy? Or Rita (Margarita)? Or Toohey, like the Tooheys Brewery?

Have fun! We had a hard time picking our pup's name, too, didn't even settle on a name until we had him for about 5 days.

Flower - after Flowers Bitter - a traditional copper coloured English ale with a creamy head [matches Guinness!] it delivers a fruity aroma with a touch of caramel. [creamy head and caramel colour, almost the colours of a Blenheim]

I know some other dogs that are named after popular British drinks ...

I like Stella ... or Pimms. :)

I'd try narrowing it down to about 3 or 4, and then when you see her, I am sure you will instantly know which one works 'just' for her.

Isn't it fun! Good luck!!!

Back