• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

*Update* on the 2 rescues

Reptigirl

:updte:

Just wanted to let everyone know how the 2 ex-puppy mill Cavaliers were settling in.

Holly - Overall she is doing great. She went from barely 9lbs to 13.1lbs! She also has fur all over her body now! A good 1/2 inch of coat to be more exact! She has started coming out of her "shell" slowly. She has started playing with the other dogs and occasionally me. For the most part she is happy sleeping on the couch or on my lap! She really doesn't have any "bad" habits except for occasionally peeing on the floor if I'm not really on top of the daily outings. She does bark at new people who come into the house but once they talk to her she settles down. She is still really shy and fast movements send her running. Oddly enough she is great with my son. I think it is because he is low to the ground and near her level. The vet only see's a couple of teeth that need to come out and with a regular dental routine they are already looking better.

Blitz - He has the GREATEST personality. Loving, sweet & silly. He is a little nervous about fast movements and is still having issues with basic household manors. (Taking things that are not for doggies, getting on tables & chairs, jumping right up into your lap when you have food or drinks) But he is getting better. He is up to nearly 13lbs. The vet expects he will need most of his front teeth and pre-molars pulled. Right now he is in the middle of a 2 week dose of Antibiotics before getting his dental done.

The vet wants to do Blitz first since he is so bad. She also thinks it will be better to do them 1 at a time. This way I can monitor Blitz better. I do worry Blitz may have SM. He has done a few things that make me believe he does. He is no where even close to as bad as Flash. My vet did say that it could be that when he plays hard with Flash his body is not used to it. Maybe he has pulled a muscle or something. Once his dental issues are under control my vet has a place in town she wants to send him.

Right now we are looking at about $800 in dental bills for both dogs... That is with a 25% discount!!!! I know I will NEVER over look regular dental care on my other 2 dogs!!!! I still don't know where their future homes will be. Of course I have fallen in love with both of them. I was hoping to keep at least 1 of them. Have not been able to put much thought into it. Been very stressful with the holidays. I have been up and down for nearly 4 weeks with bronchitis/pneumonia and my best friend was in a terrible head on accident on Christmas Eve. Thankfully she is okay. Just wheelchair bound for a few months while the broken bones heal.

Here are some new photo's. I have a lot more but don't have the time to upload them right now. I'm super sleepy!!!

Snoozing the afternoon away:
DSCN2106.jpg

When Holly goes missing she is usually sleeping on my son's bed:
DSCN2054-1.jpg

Dinner Time:
DSCN1979.jpg

Happy Dogs:
DSCN1936-1.jpg

Where the food?!?!
DSCN1927.jpg

Flash likes to "Sing" and Holly will "Dance" when they are excited:
DSCN1926.jpg

Is there food up there?
DSCN1923.jpg

OPEN THE FRIDGE!!!!!
DSCN1920-1.jpg

The boys playing
DSCN1916.jpg

Wow, they look great, you wouldn't believe they are the same two bedraggled little dogs that we first saw. They have a lovely healthy shine to their coats.
I'm impressed that you can feed all four dogs together - I only have two and they need to be seperated until both bowls are licked clean.
You will really miss them when they go :neutral:
Hope your health (and your friend) is ok now.

Great work. They are looking beautiful. Don't know if you mind sharing...where are you located? Im from Michigan and I was just curious. ;)

They are really looking fantastic–what a good job you are doing with them! :)

You have done a marvellous job with Holly and Blitz, well done:pi*no:

It just shows what a difference the correct care and love can make.

Who would know looking at that first photo that they were anything but well adjusted family pets from birth! The gleam on their coats is wonderful. I always find that no matter how bedraggled and poor condition a rescue is, once they experience love, warmth and good food they positively glow. Keep up what you are doing it is paying such dividends and your photos are so good to see.

Fantastic photos, lovely to see these gorgeous little dogs getting the home they deserve. They look so well settled in your home, I hope you have lots of happy times together.

Oh what wonderful work you've done! As previous posters have said, a little love, warmth and food will work wonders and make a dog glow.
:luv:

They both look like they are loving life with you!!

You must be so happy knowing that both of Flash's parents are now safe, well fed, warm and loved. So happy for you all!! :lotsaluv:

Congratulations you are doing the most amazing job with them, what an incredible transformation!!

Lovely to see them coming out of their shells and becoming dogs how they should be (y)

I'm sure Blitz will come through fine but it is sensible to have them done separately so you can monitor them closely, you will need to keep him on soft food for at least a few days after the surgery.

I love the one with Holly on Connor's bed :lotsaluv:

Back