• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

long ears

nicola

I've noticed that in many of the pictures the tricolours seem to have longer ears than the other colours? Does anyone know if there is any truth in this?

Not sure in general, Barney my Blenheim has fabulous full ears that are fairly long, Cassie (1) my tri has very long ears!! Have to say her mums were the longest I've ever seen!!

Is it to do with them being black? I don't know for sure but I am nearly sure I read somewhere that dark hair in the tri and B £ T grows faster and longer :confused:

Yes you're right Nicola, B&Ts and Tris tend to have longer, fuller ears than Blens and Rubies - although obviously it varies between individuals. Black hair seems to grow faster too.

The Tri's I have had seem to almost have a different type of hair particularly on the ears. It seems ever so slightly more curly underneath and a lot more of it making it much thicker and far more work brushing them :rolleyes:.

The Blenheims I was surprised had more silky ears which were not quite as full as the Tri's but way easier to brush.

I doubt this is a rule of thumb though as I have seen Blenheims with slightly curlier ears.

When I was travelling around and seeking out a breeder, one of the dogs I met had ears so long he stepped on the hair constantly...so he had a snood on at all times except for when showing! Needless to say, that boy loved his little head piece.

I would say it is all about genetics. Some Cavs have much longer thicker curlier coats while others have silkier thinner coats.

My black and tan, Harley, has the longest ears of my four. My blenheims have the shortest.

Back