Thread: Puppy Kong toy

Post Thanks / Like

Default Puppy Kong toy

Hi again not sure I have posted in the right section?
    Anyway I have bought for Ruby some Kong toys as a friend recommended them anyway she loves them and I have put in the odd kong biscuit to fit, question is...as she eats them far too quickly and I dont want to give her too many I have been looking at the ziggie which is a again a chew stick type thing which you put inside the kong toy, which I hope will keep her a bit more satified and occupied for longer, has anyone on here used them or any feedback on them or suggestions of something similar? I understand she is only 8 weeks and a lot of things are only suitable for 12 weeks+

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

The Rupert's Fund recipe book has lots of ideas for stuffing a kong

You can get it here

http://www.cavaliertalk.com/forums/s...pe-book-ORDERS!!

What you are feeding your puppy? You can often use the kong to dispense their meals.

Have you downloaded the Ian Dunbar books [free]? He also goes at length into the use of Kongs

http://dogstardaily.com/free-downloads
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

Briefly reading it says I can stuff the kong with some of her food that she has as I already soften it with water should just stuff right in! that should keep her happier and give her more to chew on, I hope they rinse out well when it has been finished with!

Post Thanks / Like

You can stuff all sorts of things in the kongs and them freeze the whole kong. This way it lasts longer as it takes the dog longer to get the treats out!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by nicola View Post
    You can stuff all sorts of things in the kongs and them freeze the whole kong. This way it lasts longer as it takes the dog longer to get the treats out!
    Tell me more!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Dogs love peanut butter and it takes them a while to get it out from way inside the Kong. Takes even longer if you freeze it.
    Lani
    (a.k.a. Lucky's & Sparky's mom!)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Make sure you only use organic peanut butter though, as peanuts are one of the most heavily pesticided crops.
    Nicki and the Cavalier Clan Our photos www.scotlandimagery.com
    Supporting www.rupertsfund.com and www.cavaliermatters.org

Post Thanks / Like

I fill the kong about 3/4 with a mixture of her dry kibble and some treats, and then seal it all in with peanut butter or some wet dog food. Keeps her good and busy

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Zumie05 View Post
    I fill the kong about 3/4 with a mixture of her dry kibble and some treats, and then seal it all in with peanut butter or some wet dog food. Keeps her good and busy
    I have just been giving a quick squirt of the spray kong stuff no wonder its gone so quickly, today I gave her a carrot as the vet said it was ok, that took her ages to make a mess and seemed to occupy her better.
    It just I worry about giving too many "treats"
    I wonder what age you can give them one of those dried bones type things? Not sure what they all are, have seen some things at the pet store.