Thread: Doggie Coat

Post Thanks / Like

Default Doggie Coat

http://www.urbanpup.com/product.asp?..._Hood&P_ID=434

would this be good for Ruby when she first starts going out cos its very cold still, or would a bodywarmer be better without hood, any opinions

Post Thanks / Like

Cute! Rose is one who doesn't care for a hood, I think I will be getting or making a fleece snood for her head and ears for when it snows. That way, she can still see around it, too. But, it just depends on your dog, I guess. Thankfully, I found out she doesn't like hoods with an inexpensive hoodie, and not a nice coat (which is not how it usually works around here, haha) .

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Furrfoot View Post
    Cute! Rose is one who doesn't care for a hood, I think I will be getting or making a fleece snood for her head and ears for when it snows. That way, she can still see around it, too. But, it just depends on your dog, I guess. Thankfully, I found out she doesn't like hoods with an inexpensive hoodie, and not a nice coat (which is not how it usually works around here, haha) .
    Maybe I should go with one without the hood to be on the safe side? They arent too expensive but still I would hate to buy it and it not serve the purpose, its not like we are gonna be doing a 5 mile hike anyway as she will only be 11 weeks old

Post Thanks / Like

Oh yeah, at 11 weeks, I would just go with a coat, personally. You can always add a snood later if her ears and head get cold. Our boxer only had a sweatshirt I modified for her (but she loved it, warm, but nice and roomy). Rose's first coat I got from Target for $2.50, and it's still cute and her prefered coat (though a little short now, lol). I also got her a sweater at Christmas off the $2.50 rack...she likes that one, too. Go figure . I should probably go to a children's consignment sale store and get Rose a sweatshirt and sew it up for her, too :P .