• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Nina ottoson Dog toys

Hi, yes I have several wooden games both Molly and Dougall love.....Dotty is still
puzzled :confused:

These are photos taken when Molly was younger. Molly and Dougall are not very active so we try and find things
to keep them stimulated, they both featured in a book "Brain Games".

4233101063_e437b0f52f.jpg

4233870702_fc74a01436.jpg

4820405501_e446063b3c.jpg

Last edited:
I have the tornado and the game with the pegs. I do like them but find that once they figure it out -it's no longer a challenge so I put them away and only bring them out once in awhile. I wish I knew people with others close by so we could swap.

Her games are fantastic and you can do all sorts of variations with them depending on the dog's ability.

Tania thanks so much for posting as I wanted to order the book and was trying to remember the name. :D

Never seen these before!

Am checking some out now as a way to help keep Gracie occupied when I am too busy to play but still with her. I have seen a few related products here in the USA at Petsmart but do not look as interesting as these. Thanks for sharing!

Last edited:
Am checking some out now as a way to help keep Gracie occupied when I am too busy to play but still with her. I have seen a few related products here in the USA at Petsmart but do not look as interesting as these. Thanks for sharing!

Have you tried treat balls, you can fill them with dried carrot, sweet potato, also filled kongs can keep them busy. If you have time playing with treats on paws is great fun!

Dougall is also in the book, he was supposed to do the Tunnel Rush but didn't do the "Rush" bit.
5346529323_ed0bd35e45.jpg

5378218647_61acd42a64.jpg

Thanks.... I have not fond great treat balls in my area

We don't have as many great options here for treat balls as I would like. But keep looking! Gracie can suck and lick anything out of a Kong item way too fast. I have noticed that while she likes carrots, they seem to disagree with her. Very odd but sticking to bits of apple and sweet potato.

Have you tried treat balls, you can fill them with dried carrot, sweet potato, also filled kongs can keep them busy. If you have time playing with treats on paws is great fun!

Dougall is also in the book, he was supposed to do the Tunnel Rush but didn't do the "Rush" bit.
5346529323_ed0bd35e45.jpg

5378218647_61acd42a64.jpg

I would love to get some of those interactive toys for my doglets. Thanks for posting about this!

That photo of Dougall is adorable. :wggle:

Dougall is such a Cutie. I asked Tania if he would be ellas boyfriend but he may be taken by one of Brian's beautiful girls.

I want to find a toy that is like a squirrel that moves. That would be something Ella would love

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

I bought the wooden dogbrick for Leo. It took him a while to get the hang of it but now he's quite quick:p

You can create your own toys, the Brain games book has lots of suggestions - now available from the Gift Shop :-D
http://cavalier-gift-shop.org/wellbeing/brain-games/prod_152.html

You can also get the Dog Magic game http://cavalier-gift-shop.org/wellbeing/fun-interactive-game/prod_153.html

It would be helpful if those who have these toys could say which ones they have and which are the most challenging for their Cavaliers...

We have the Tornado - and true to its name, mine go through it like mini tornadoes raiding the sections for their treats!! Kayleigh can remove the plastic bones, I put string through the holes to make it easier for Cavaliers to pick up.

Nina is obviously really good at the Brick game, we are thinking of that one next :-D

Frozen sweetcorn is popular here [the individual kernels], I also slow bake chicken and liver, rabbit and heart etc in the oven until hard in tiny pieces, and they really like that!

We don't have as many great options here for treat balls as I would like. But keep looking! Gracie can suck and lick anything out of a Kong item way too fast. I have noticed that while she likes carrots, they seem to disagree with her. Very odd but sticking to bits of apple and sweet potato.

I posted in the review section about how Sonny loves his Busy Buddy Mushroom. It came highly recommended to us and it really keeps him busy. It isn't really a brain game as much as a treat dispenser, but we think it's great!

We have the dog brick.

Ruby slides the compartments open with her tongue by licking them and Charlie frantically scratches at it until something moves lol

Back