• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Sudden Change In Behavour

SophieLightyear

Benji has always been boisterious and loves a good run around the house. And occasioanlly he does like to try and bite but today it seems totally different. All his done is bark and try and bite or scratch me. He also keeps rubbing his face in the rug and i starting to worry about it because it's not like him, especially rubbing his face in the rug so often. It used to be a morning thing but so far he's done it three or four times since about 10am. =/
Am i just being silly or is something up?

If he's rubbing his head you might consider getting a vet to check him out. Could be he's got discomfort from either his mouth or ears.

Leo had a spell once of shaking his head and face rubbing and not being himself. I took him to the vet and he had a grass seed in his ear:yikes

It was easily removed and all was well again.

Any time behaviour changes it is good to ring your vet and ask for advice on whether to bring your do in. There's no such thing as being overly worried :) -- if it worries you, and you know the behaviour is odd (and the owner knows their dog best!), it should be checked out for your own peace of mind but also to rule out anything that needs care.

Back