Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Wish Me Luck

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Wish Me Luck

Hi

Another young tortoiseshell cat turned up a couple of weeks ago and joined our other gang at meal times ,it only looks a kitten and is a bit timid but just over a week ago Joy pointed out that it looks as though its carrying .So a week last Friday I phoned The Local RSPCA to see about a cat trap but they had none till Monday ,so Monday mid morning off I went and got the trap and Young Josephine turned up for tea but looking a lot slimmer, she had had her kittens that day and hidden them ,so cat trap went back and now we wait .But on Friday afternoon we spotted her moving them to a warmer indoors place so back to the RSPCA went I today and cat trap in the car ready for tomorrow when we think we should have a good chance of getting them all.If we do get them the RSPCA will let them stay for 4/5 weeks till the kits are independent and then get homes for them all and mum if shes a bit feral she can come back to us and our little colony with Big Ginger ,Little Fluff ,Big Fluff ,Tiddles ,Tufty 1 and Tufty 2 ,Big Socks and Short Socks and Josephine and Spud the black and white tom from next door who I will catch and get him de-knockered as we think hes the culprit .

So pls wish me good luck for tomorrow in catching Young Josephine and her three black and white babies .
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like

Wow, hope all goes well. Please post pics of the kittens.
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi

Thanks Pauline . Well arrived at work at 7.30 AM cat trap and tin of tuna and not a blxxxx sign of them ,we think over yhe weekend Mum has moved them so we just wait .
    Brian M

Post Thanks / Like

If you take the kittens will the mum follow? Or is it best not to touch them?
    Dylan, Poppy & Kipling's
    *''' ' "*Mummy`` "*'
    ,'*" "*'

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi Pauline

The plan is to get Mum once we know where she has stashed the kittens who are now 8 days old then take them all to Cross Lane where they will kee them all together as a family unit .They will find then find them all homes and Mum will be spayed and if they cant get Mum a home she will come back to our little community and stay with us were at least I feed them all 365/365 and theres places of warmth like my seat and my desk.
    Brian M

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck Brian, keeping everything crossed that you get result.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi

The lads have just moved two packs of ply by the corner where they may be hiding and I got on my knees and with a torch shone under two pallets of steel rapid tie and looking back at me with her babes was Mum .

So the trap is now set with a trail of Whiskas in graving leading in ,so everything crossed pls ladies .And if I get them too late in the day to take to Cross lane they can come and stay with me overnight ,and Pauline I shall try and take some pics .
    Brian M

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck.

We had a feral cat who had kittens last year - she came back to us spayed and we went onto feed her and look after her. She has now been successfully re-homed with one of our employees
    Sandra
    Minnie-May (6yrs) & Rosie the Rescue (approx 6 yrs)
    My Darling Cinders and Lady Jane waiting at the Bridge

Post Thanks / Like

Good luck Bri! I bet youre having a ball watching them & yes i second Pauline on her request for pics plse when youve safely got them sorted

As you know we have a street full of feral cats that we all feed,last week a lady got someone to collect new kittens,mum kept hiding them so the man came back for a week until he safely got them & since then another litter has been born to a beauty who's little more than a baby herself so they'll be picked up soon. Id love to have one myself but not whilst we live here-wouldnt it just keep going back to its family outside? Our jelly would love to be pals with them all & even Rubes gets excited to see them but of course they dont let my girls get a sniff before theyre off! Ive promised Jels she shall have her own kitten when we (can afford!) to move
    Blessed by the love of a Cavalier!
    G & Ruby(ruby girl!)B:04? Ex PF rescue,she came to me in '08 & has SM/MVD & she's a special princess & Jelly Tots(B&T girl)B:20/3/09,a real cuddles cheeky chops & the baby of the family!

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

HI

Hurray its the lads lunch hour ,so out myself moved loads of timber out put a coat down on my back and just reached them and one ,two,three ,four and five and Mum was there right by them and let me .Then I tempted Mum out with some food grabbed her and in she went so now off to cross lane .Mission Accomplished .
    Brian M