• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

recommendations please

nicola

Right, so I am looking for a new bed for my two boys and want to invest in something of top quality/high end. Can I have recommendations for a top quality bed? Thanks

Anyone heard of Bronte Glen beds? I have seen one on Petplanet and it looks lovely. Its a 100% merino wool mattress which is guaranteed not to flatten. Apparently it is machine washable on the wool cycle. They look really like.

WallyBeds are awesome-- they last forever, you can wash and dry them, and most importantly, the dogs love them and choose them over any other bed in the house! I have one that I've had for 5 years and it's still in great shape and recently bought a new one because my fiance's English Bulldog took the bed over and the Cavaliers couldn't fit! :) They are expensive and in the US, so that may be very expensive to ship to you, but they are well worth the cost! Maxine, the owner, is wonderful to work with.

www.wallybed.com

Well I went ahead and ordered the merino wool mattress from Bronte Glen. I got a really good bargain on it, reduced to £70 for a large one including postage on petplanet. The price of the same size bed on the actual bronteglen website is £99 so I am really pleased. I just hope it is as good in reality as it looked on the website, its so hard sometimes to tell when purchasing things like this online! I will give a little review once I've received it and the guys have tested it.

WallyBeds are awesome-- they last forever, you can wash and dry them, and most importantly, the dogs love them and choose them over any other bed in the house! I have one that I've had for 5 years and it's still in great shape and recently bought a new one because my fiance's English Bulldog took the bed over and the Cavaliers couldn't fit! :) They are expensive and in the US, so that may be very expensive to ship to you, but they are well worth the cost! Maxine, the owner, is wonderful to work with.

www.wallybed.com

oooo... those beds look wonderful! I've been starting my research for the perfect pet bed and I really like their features. I've also been looking at Bowser Beds, but the ease of washing the wally beds may make them hard to beat! :)

Thanks for mentioning this, I never would have known about them! There is so much great information on this forum.

I think Karlin had the Bronte Glen bed for her crew some time back so might be able to give an opinion on it's durability.

It does look very comfy!

Karlin could you read this if you have a moment?

Wow, I just received the Bronte Glen merino wool mattress and it is AMAZING!!!! It is really thick, I mean like human bed mattress thick!!!! I have never seen a dog bed like it!! I am glad I got the large as it will be just right for my gang!! Karlin if you read this, could you tell me if your Bronte Glen mattress had stood the test of time and if it washes well? TIA.

Back