Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lily Vomiting Pinky Froth

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Default Lily Vomiting Pinky Froth

Hi

Dawn has just phone me at work ,my little Lily has over the last hour started vomiting up froth ,its happened about six times with the last few being a bit pinky .Vets of course ASAP but any ideas ,she has not eaten anything unusual Dawn is aware of and is behaving absolutely normally for Lily .
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like

Leo vomited up bright red froth once....turned out he'd eaten a lipstick

I hope Lily's is as simple as this. Please keep us informed and good luck. Fingers crossed it's nothing serious
    Mel
    Momma to Leonardo (Leo to his friends)

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I don't think we can offer many ideas as you need to see what a vet says. The pinkness indicates she is bringing up some blood most likely in the vomit so yes, this is urgent for the vets.
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

One dog health site says pink froth often comes from the lungs and indicates some blood coming from the lungs and hence a lung infection or problem of some sort. She should be checked for lungworm perhaps?
    Karlin
    Cavaliers: Jaspar Leo Lily Tansy Libby (foster) Mindy (foster)
    In memory: Lucy
    Cavalier SM Infosite:www.smcavaliers.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

I have no idea what this could be Brian but please let us know what the vet says. I will be waiting anxiously.
    Warmest wishes
    Flo & the ByFloSin Cavaliers
    Rebel, Winston Alexander,Little Joe & Holly Poppet
    Birmingham, UK

Post Thanks / Like

Hope shes ok Brian. I know you will be beside yourself!

Post Thanks / Like

Fingers crossed it is not serious....
    Tania and The Three Cavaliers!
    Dotty!- A Sweet Little Tri
    Molly - Pretty Tri Dougall - Gorgeous Blenheim

Post Thanks / Like

Hope shes ok....

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries

Hi
    Just back from L/pool though Lily stayed home with Dawn and just slept .The vet gave her a once over checked her eyes ,ears and commented her gums are still nice and pink felt around her body and then commented "That over the last couple of weeks the surgery has had a huge amount in with viral infections that gives them vomiting sickness and diarrhoe and that rest with no tea tonight, scrambled egg in the morning and the old favorite chicken and rice for three days and to watch her closely and any doubt take her back tomorrow."He also gave her two injections in her back leg one an anti sickness and other an anti bitotic and of course keep a close eye on the other three which seems a bit impossible ,I will clean and seperate all food bowels and they all have their own tooth brush so its in the lap of the gods as to what happens .Oh the vet made absolutely no comment about the pinky colour in her vomit .
    So thankfully its nothing too serious that I havent managed before and just fingers crossed they dont all suffer but we shall see ,my Dawn is at home permanently so she can watch them and I can pop out of work when I want if needed and thats only 10 mins away.
    One question pls for scarmbled eggs for her tomorrow morning shall I use one egg or two ,oh and Lily sleeps in our bedroom at night so I can watch her all the time .
    And at bedroom I shall follow her around the garden with a torch to examine any deposited poops
    What would you do without kids to keep you on your toes ,shes right uptight by me fast asleep poor wee girl.
    Thank you all ladies for your concern and advice and if we back tomorrow Karlin I shall certainly ask re lungworm
    Brian M

Poppy the Tri, Daisy the Blen, Rosie the Ruby and Lily the B & T

Post Thanks / Like

Glad it doesn't seem too serious anyway Brian!! When I die, I want to come back as a 'flower cav' to be spoiled and pampered