• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Lily Vomiting Pinky Froth

Brian M

Hi

Dawn has just phone me at work ,my little Lily has over the last hour started vomiting up froth ,its happened about six times with the last few being a bit pinky .Vets of course ASAP but any ideas ,she has not eaten anything unusual Dawn is aware of and is behaving absolutely normally for Lily .:(

Leo vomited up bright red froth once....turned out he'd eaten a lipstick:bang:

I hope Lily's is as simple as this. Please keep us informed and good luck. Fingers crossed it's nothing serious:xfngr:

I don't think we can offer many ideas as you need to see what a vet says. The pinkness indicates she is bringing up some blood most likely in the vomit so yes, this is urgent for the vets.

One dog health site says pink froth often comes from the lungs and indicates some blood coming from the lungs and hence a lung infection or problem of some sort. She should be checked for lungworm perhaps?

I have no idea what this could be Brian but please let us know what the vet says. I will be waiting anxiously.:blabla:

Hi
Just back from L/pool though Lily stayed home with Dawn and just slept .The vet gave her a once over checked her eyes ,ears and commented her gums are still nice and pink felt around her body and then commented "That over the last couple of weeks the surgery has had a huge amount in with viral infections that gives them vomiting sickness and diarrhoe and that rest with no tea tonight, scrambled egg in the morning and the old favorite chicken and rice for three days and to watch her closely and any doubt take her back tomorrow."He also gave her two injections in her back leg one an anti sickness and other an anti bitotic and of course keep a close eye on the other three which seems a bit impossible ,I will clean and seperate all food bowels and they all have their own tooth brush so its in the lap of the gods as to what happens .Oh the vet made absolutely no comment about the pinky colour in her vomit .:confused:
So thankfully its nothing too serious that I havent managed before and just fingers crossed they dont all suffer but we shall see ,my Dawn is at home permanently so she can watch them and I can pop out of work when I want if needed and thats only 10 mins away.
One question pls for scarmbled eggs for her tomorrow morning shall I use one egg or two ,oh and Lily sleeps in our bedroom at night so I can watch her all the time .
And at bedroom I shall follow her around the garden with a torch to examine any deposited poops:)
What would you do without kids to keep you on your toes ,shes right uptight by me fast asleep poor wee girl.
Thank you all ladies for your concern and advice and if we back tomorrow Karlin I shall certainly ask re lungworm

Glad it doesn't seem too serious anyway Brian!! When I die, I want to come back as a 'flower cav' to be spoiled and pampered :luv:

One medium egg will be plenty Brian.

Glad she is ok and doesn't sound like anything too serious - hope she will be much better tomorrow.

****IF ANYONE HAS THIS OCCUR AND THEIR DOG IS ON METACAM OR OTHER MEDICATION, THEN THIS CAN INDICATE A MORE SERIOUS PROBLEM AND NEEDS URGENT VETERINARY ATTENTION****

Hopefully just one of those episodes that seem designed to keep you on your toes.

I would not get too worried about a little bit of white or yellow froth but a pink tinge does probably need checking out.

Let us know how she is tomorrow.

Glad it appears to be nothing serious. Hope the vomiting has stopped for good and no more vet visits required for a while. :)

Yes it is the pink colour that would worry me -- white and yellow is pretty common and generally not a worry if it is occasional rather than a regular issue.

I had a google around and actually several vet sites say pink froth needs to be checked and is unlikely to be caused by stomach bleeding or vomit and generally indicates bleeding in the respiratory tract. I've never had pink vomit of this sort or heard of anyone with it, so it does seem unusual.

For example, this is one vet replying to the same symptoms of pink frothy vomit:

If there is bleeding into the stomach of a dog, the vomitus can be mucusy or frothy, but the blood is often partially digested by the stomach acid and ends up looking like coffee grounds - grainy and very dark.

Pink froth suggests perhaps the bleeding is coming from the respiratory tract. Perhaps a small lung bleed, or excess fluid in the lung.

I'd advise you to get her checked by your vet as soon as you are able, as blood coming from any body opening is potentially serious.

All the best

Rosie

Dog Questions - my dog is throwing up pink foam - JustAnswer http://www.justanswer.com/pet-dog/1eqin-dog-throwing-pink-foam.html#ixzz1Ckk4USDk

From a pet health site:

Pink, frothy “vomit”

If the vomited material is pink, frothy fluid, it may actually have been coughed up from the lungs rather than vomited from the stomach. Frothy lung material can be white, pink (tinged with fresh blood) or brown (tinged with old blood). It will not be acidic. Pets with congestive heart failure, lung cancer, and some lung infections may cough up frothy material.

from http://www.pethealth101.com/gastro_intestinal/vomit.shtml

Probably it's nothing serious but the vet has treated this as a stomach upset when other experts seem to indicate this is more likely to be a respiratory issue of some sort.

I agree, that just one egg will be sufficient. You don't want to overload her upset stomach with too much. Perhaps another egg at mid-day, if she seems perky. She won't die of starvation with one egg, though. I always prefer to err on the conservative end of things.

I'm so glad you took her to the vet and she seems okay. I hope she has a speedy recovery. What a scare for you.

Hello

And Good Morning .Lily sleeps in her own crate in our bedroom and there was not a murmur from her last night ,no coughing ,wretching or sickness .This morning she seemed as bright as a button which is her normal self and had her one scrambled egg for breakfast , though venturing outside to do my early morning pick ups I found a couple of pools of dark chocolate which I presume is her infection or reaction to her injections and later I have to pop over the road to get some chicken / turkey to go with her rice tonight .
What is the best chicken or turkey in these situations or no difference .Thanks for all your kind comments and guidance.

Leo vomited up bright red froth once....turned out he'd eaten a lipstick:bang:

I was thinking about this Brian and was wondering what shade you wear?

Hope she is ok :-D

Hello T

You are aware of my everlasting love affair :( with Everton ,so Blue is the colour .

Maybe Toffee colour then??:rolleyes:
Glad her Majesty is feeling brighter today,It's so stressful when they're off form.
Sins

Back