• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Good ideas to keep ears out of food???

GraciesMom

Gracie is such a messy eater anyway... and we do serve her a combo of dry and wet food. She is much more consistent eater when we use a small saucer instead of a bowl of any type.... not sure why. Anyway, she ALWAYS ends up with some wet food on her ear fur especially and it can get really tough to get out if you miss it right away. Any good tricks to keep her ears out of the food? A head band??? :p

The only two options that I can think of are spaniel bowls www.spanielbowls.com or using a snood. Spaniel bowls are not inexpensive but I love the website, with the long ears flowing over the bowls. Just beautiful. I believe she sells snoods too.

Oh the ruby on that website has the most fantastic ears !
The bowls are pretty amazing too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mine didn't like snoods, we did try human hair bands for a while, also scrunchies to put the ears up behind the head.

Our latest and most successful plan to date is baby bibs LOL

Depending on the size of your Cavalier, the 3 month plus pop over bib are good for bigger Cavaliers, smaller ones need the newborn bibs!

They look a bit daft but it keeps the ears out the bowl and keeps the chest clean too :cool:

When they have chicken necks, I sit them up on the worktop with a bib on, and hold it to feed it to them so they don't bolt it down. Keeps them clean, makes them chew it and no mess!

Nicki - can you post a picture of the bibs on your dogs? Sophie doesn't like her snood, and I am open to another concept. She is fed raw, so HAS to have something to keep the ears out of the food.

GraciesMom - if you sew, or know someone who does, you can make your own snood. That's what I did. You only need 1/4 yard of fabric and some narrow elastic.

Hi I don't have any yet but can take some over the weekend - I apologise in advance for their disgruntled wee faces LOL

Yes we're on raw too, and the veggie mix in particular is SO messy.

We have tried all sorts of things.....

5206611313_b1dd617b3f.jpg

But settled on these............

4916776832_bf30560874.jpg

The middles is stainless steel, so from a hygiene point of view if RAW feeding is great. Would
have preferred them to have been a little more raised.

4916824242_7bafdf4f77.jpg

4916768884_207f974f3f.jpg

The website is :-

http://www.petplanet.co.uk/product.asp?dept_id=158&pf_id=53909

I can highly recommend the beautiful bowls from spanielbowls.com. I have been using these bowls for years and they keep ears out of water and they are stunning. Cindy is wonderful and will make bowls to match your kitchen if desired. The food bowls are just the right size for one cup of food which is the most cavaliers should eat and fit in the dishwasher (about the diameter of a coffee cup). They are a great investment and I love that their names are on the bowls. She delivers to Ireland and the Uk. Cindy also makes snoods in a variety of fabrics and if you purchase these she will include them with the bowls without charging further postage. For snoods, Deb Dormer in the UK also makes good ones and they are very inexpensive!

Bwahahahaha! Love some of the great creativity here!

I wish we could get Gracie to eat well out of a bowl... she backs away from bowls many times. I don't know why...maybe something that happened at the breeder's house or the way she was fed as a young puppy. We have tried the small-mouth bowls and she just is not interested. I guess if she was hungry enough she would be eventually. I will try some of these ideas and report back! :p

She is again not eating in the morning for 3 straight days and only eating in the evening. She has never been much of a morning eater, but thought we were on the right track until we got back to the same point again.:(

Back