• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

cavvie eating grass

I think some just like the taste (my Golden used to eat grass on occasion) but I know for sure when my Rylie eats grass it's because his tummy is upset. He'll usually come inside and it will be gurgling very loudly - so it could be a variety of reasons.

thank you for the reply. I dont think she feels ill, I think it is just habit. My other black and tan never does this. I am sure is wont do her harm its just that one day she ate so much she vomited everywhere:(

Hi

On every walk we go on all my four always have a munch, I think its habit and they enjoy it and occasionally they may have an upset tummy and it helps .So dont worry if they behave like a bunch of sheep ,better than four loony two years olds causing mayham on the bed at 5.30 this morning .:)

Oliver isn't a great grass eater and is very choosy about the sort of grass he eats, but Aled definitely prefers dried grass - I think he may have been bedded on hay or straw at the puppy farm and eaten it from hunger or boredom.

Kate, Oliver and Aled

lindylou

hi
my louie would eat grass every morning then bring up white bile in the summer when the weather was warm. he would be of his food only eating very little when he felt like it. he was so thin i was really worried about him. then it was time for his yearly injection at the vet i mentioned his grass eating to her and she said it dose them well to eat grass it cleans their stomach out. then when the weather cooled down the grass eating stoped and now he is eating realy well and has put some weight on and he is looking beautiful.

Back