• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Quincy, the cat who thought he was a cavalier

Karlin

Administrator
Staff member
Quincy, my lovely Quincicals, got his wings today.

DSC03036.jpg

I got Quincy when he was about 7 months old, making him just a little younger than Jaspar. He adored the dogs and I am sure he thought he was one of them rather than one of those other pointy eared felines in the house! He loved the dogs so much that they often considered him a pest -- he constantly wanted to rub against them or curl up with them and was not at all put off if one barked a warning or tried to discourage him :rolleyes:. If they were all racing around the sitting room and rolling on their backs and playing, he would flop into the middle of them and enjoy being banged around. He liked using his one remaining front paw to whack at their tails. He also had a funny habit of propping himself on his front leg stump on the stairway to look out through the bannister rails and keep an eye on everything below. Often you'd look up from the sofa and see a little ginger head sticking out like a gargoyle.

He had the most cheerful personality I've encountered in a cat, which matched his glowing ginger colour. He was truly a little character and his absence will leave a big hole in my house. I've arranged to have his ashes so he can remain a part of the family and near his dogs, though he will always be with us in spirit. :flwr:

Lucy and Quincy:

4844485625_dfc1130a03.jpg

2584859334_f5e9976f62_z.jpg

Quincy with his beloved cavaliers:

1182286376_d8bc823b66_z.jpg

1473097501_f18dea0288.jpg

3378481237_6e8d4afd4d_z.jpg

Sitting with his cat friends, for a change :) :

2398075083_b26d0c249c_z.jpg

Hello Karlin

So sorry about your loss of Quincy ,he did indeed look a character ginger cat .As you have probably read I am awaiting the return to my desktop of Big Ginger ,I have found that ginger cats are always unique and full of that special character that seems to make them stand them out in the feline world .Prior to B G at work we lost our Ben just before the girls came and was in fact the reason that Luke and I finally persuaded Dawn to let us get a dog which quickly became four ,so my warmest wishes to you on this not nice day.

Kindest Thoughts to You and all your Four Legged Companions

Brian and

Poppy,Daisy,Rosie and Lily

PS I still have my Ami and Tammi in their boxes in one of the bedrooms and I have
even turned the radiators on in there to keep them warm.I will place them in the garden together in spring but I said that last year .

pps The first photo is a smasher

:( I'm so sorry for your losing Quincy. He indeed had a very wonderful happy life, thanks to you and the rest of the furry family. Rest in Peace Dear Quincy.

The photos are lovely, Quincy was a beaut and he certainly loved his cavaliers, it really shows! What a sweetie.:lotsaluv:

I am so sorry to hear about Quincy. He looked like he was one of the pack. can tell he lived a very love filled life with his best buds.
I saw your other topic yesterday and was hoping for the best. I told you about our max, being in a simular situation as Quincy. it was a roller coaster, and im glad Quincy ..and yourself didnt have to go through what our maxie did.

Brian is right, gingers have a special personality. Max would get himself into such situations..last few days before we let him go, i wonderd onto our patio at midnight to call him in..found him stuck ontop of our patio umbrella :D

I know theres not much to say to comfort you, we lost oliver on monday..and the only thing that truly helps heal..is time.
If rainbow bridge exists, im sure our boys are hanging out there somewhere.
xoxo

Again I'm so sorry Karlin. He was lovely. I love the second photo. Hope the dogs and cats are okay too.

I know you wont feel like smiling right now but those photo's really made me smile. What a lovely chap he looked. I wonder if he knew he was a cat as he looked quite at home with your cavies.

Anyway just sending best wishes your way:flwr:

I know you wont feel like smiling right now but those photo's really made me smile. What a lovely chap he looked. I wonder if he knew he was a cat as he looked quite at home with your cavies.

Anyway just sending best wishes your way:flwr:

My feelings exactly.

I am so sorry you have lost him, my kindest thoughts to you and the furry clan who will no doubt miss him too.

So sorry to hear that you have given Quincy his wings.:flwr: He certainly was a cavalier in disguise.

So very sorry to hear about Quincy
"Wishes"
We wish we could have told you,
in words you'd understand,
We wanted you to stay with us.
This wasn't what we'd planned.

We wish somehow to tell you,
How empty we now feel.
A part of us went with you,
A part that time can't heal.

We wish we'd once more hear you,
in your softly, rumbling purr,
to hold you on our laps again
and stroke your golden fur.

We wish we had you back again,
to fill this empty space.
But one day we'll be together
in a far, far better place.

---Aileen

I'm so sorry ohear about Qunicy, it was so obviously dearly loved by you and all his furry friends. Sending hugs to you all :hug::flwr:

I am so sorry to hear about Quincy's passing. He was obviously a wonderful animal who lived a wonderful life with you. I can totally relate to living with a feline who thinks she is a cavalier! Our cat, Bridgette, was a baby when we rescued her from the shelter. She was found in a dumpster with her brothers -- they were so young their umbilical cords were still attached. She never had a feline mom, so Holly seemed to fill that role. To this day, Bridgette still "kneeds" Holly's tummy as if she's trying to nurse. To say the two are close is an understatement.

I love reading stories about how different species can live together so wonderfully. Quincy and clan are a great example of this. I'm sure he is sorely missed by both human and furry family members.

So sorry to hear that Quincy got his wings. At least he'll have lots of cavalier buddies to snuggle with at the bridge. No matter how many dogs or cats you have, you still feel the loss. Your dogs will miss his warm furry body.

he can snuggle oliver!! olivers new to rainbow bridge too..and was raised by cats..they're probably finding their way around the place together..haha think of all the adventures they'll have together!
Max ..my ginger cat who died ove ra eyar ago..can show them the roaps.
they'll be great buddys..oliver and the two ginger cats! :D

I'm sure he'll track down Oliver right away. :flwr:

Thanks for the many kind comments at a difficult time.

So sorry to read that you have lost Quincy, the photographs of him are lovely and it shows what a wonderful relationship he had with your cavaliers.

So sorry to read Quincy as got his wing, what a little darling, your photos show how perfect company cats and cavaliers are, I love the second photo. Thinking of you at this sad time :flwr:

Back