• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Charlie our "Test Case" Spaniels In Need

Quick update:
Charlie had his vet appointment today, the vet was very pleased with him overall, he thought he would have been in much worse condition. He was surprised at the coat growth in 2 weeks just from a detox and the Dermacton.

He is amazed that no blood work-up had been done on him previously and agreed that the meds have been masking the real problem, which we all agree points to thyroid problems.

So Charlie (with a fairly clean and detox'd system) had blood taken today for T4/T3 function, eyes tested (one eye has dry eye for which he has Viscotears to see if it improves). This vet however, would NOT have vaccinated a dog in such a condition. He thinks Charlie is amazing considering all he has been through, just such a lively, cheeky, happy wee lad! :luv:

Please keep your fingers crossed for Charlie's blood work results - this wee guy needs every good luck thought you can send his way. :xfngr:

I have been looking every day for updates on him, its good to hear that he is still on the mend and I hope that the underlying cause is simple and straightforward to treat. As for the previous vet immunising him when he was ill, it comes as no surprise as I believe many of them are just out to fleece people out of their money regardless of the animals welfare, that is my previous experience anyway.

:xfngr: for Charlie from our lot Eileen and thanks for giving this special wee fella a chance.

We're still waiting the blood panel results but here's the photo update from Sandy

Look at the little Bobby Dazzler today :rah: He's feeling full of himself and has been really mischievious of late!
We're waiting for the results of a T3, T4 panel to come back which should be here by the end of the week.

charlie4022.jpg

charlie4021.jpg

charlie4007.jpg

We've had one really bad day where Charley didn't want to face the world or eat anything either but we didn't panic, he just needed time to rest up and go without food so he could help himself get better. No one was going to force feed him so we just let him ride it out and about 36 hours later he was up for some dinner and hasn't looked back since. We would have been kidding ourselves if we thought we wouldn't have a hiccup somewhere along the line and we know there's still a long road ahead for the little man and he's still going to get good days and bad days until he's got a good immune function again but I hope you'll all agree that he's definitely looking better (y) He's got some decent hair growth returning along his back, his paws and legs are almost back to normal and his little bonce is fluffing up nicely :luv:

Eileen, what's been achieved with Charlie in such a short time is amazing. He looks to be a right wee character. He's got such a sweet face:lotsaluv:please continue to keep us posted.

Can't believe the transformation, Eileen. Just keep on keeping on with this little chap and let's hope for good veterinary news. Still holding him in our daily thoughts
Heartblowingpoog.gif

Wow, I can't believe the transformation .... looks nothing like the same dog in the first set of photographs.

What a fantastic job you are doing Eileen ... well done!

I just read through this whole thread for the first time....wow, oh wow. What an angle you are and what a fighter Charlie is. I am stunned and amazed by peoples selflessness and dogs can teach us a thing or two about living in the moment and being humble.

Good on you, just amazing. :hug:

FANTASTIC NEWS! This morning in my inbox this email ........

Hi Eileen

Charley's T3, T4 results have all come back perfectly normal and well within range. CBC shows a slightly elevated WBC which is to be expected as he's still fighting infection. Good and bad news really, I think we are just going to have to carry on cleaning him out, vet would like to see him in about 3 weeks time to see how his hair regrowth is coming along and check his eyes again and suggests we give him some evening primrose oil which will help his skin :) So we got a healthyish dog underneath all this crap which is good for us cos to me it means a straightforward detox and he's made a massive step up in the 25 days he's been here already, so lets hope we get no set backs and in 3 weeks time he's a healthier and happier boy than he is now :)

Sandy x

Way to go Charlie ... keep doing what your foster mom says and you will be right as rain soon with a long shiny coat!

Well done to all involved in Charlies recovery! :lotsaluv:

Back