• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

My Cavalier Puppy Buying Advice website is now up and running

My cavalier puppy buying advice is now up and running.

What a fantastic job you have done Margaret. Well done it looks great. :w*w::jmp2:

MY CAVALIER PUPPY BUYING ADVICE IS NOW UP AND RUNNING

I just had a Coffee and another read at Margaret's WEB SITE.

What has struck me ,is it not a such a Shame that Cavaliers can give Pleasure but ,and this is a Big But ,so Many Tears and Heart Ache to many of us who love Cavaliers , that Prospective Buyers of Cavaliers have to be being Advised about how to go about Buying a Cavalier because of their SM and MVD Problems .

Bet

I just checked out the site, it is great! It gets to the point quickly which is good because a lot of times people just skim through information and don't read everything.

It is also easy to navigate, layed out very well. Super job well done!

What a great site Margaret. cl*p Packed with essential information for potential puppy buyers. The more people who read the info on this site, and then use that info the better. The more buyers who request to see certificates and demand a health checked puppy/parents, the better.
Spread the word people as it important for this breed to survive. Cavaliers are just too lovely to suffer these health problems.

It`s a great idea Margaret and should prove very helpful and informative for potential puppy buyers. I agree with others who have said that we need a card we can hand to people. I have many people talking to me during the year about Cavaliers whilst on my stalls and I do give them details of Cavaliertalk, cavaliermatters, and the collection scheme, but it would be great to perhaps, put them all together (probably including Rupertsfund??

A fantastic resource, big thumbs up here :) it's great to have somewhere to point prospective puppy buyers to.

A fantastic resource, big thumbs up here :) it's great to have somewhere to point prospective puppy buyers to.

Thank you for the compliments and thank you to those that let me use their puppy photos.

I have just about finished now. Just the contact form to be put on. Steve, who is Tania's wonderful website designer is organising that for me.

I have added an 'More Information' page & a 'Future' page which has a link to Ruperts Fund, The Cavalier Collection, this forum and Tania's cavaliermatters.

I have had great fun moving photos around, but I am resisting the temptation to add many more details as the idea was to make it a simple site for new buyers.

I just wanted to give information about the three inherited diseases that are detailed in the Cavalier Club Code of Best Practice, and make buyers aware that all responsible breeders would have certificates issued after the parents were over two and a half years old.

I just had the chance to look at your site. Well done Margaret!(y) It's a great way to inform potential owners of cavalier king charles spaniels. I really like what you have at the bottom of the site regarding bringing a cavalier puppy home, a warning on the risk of having a dog living with pain and a family who's hearts could get broken...

I knew about the MVD in cavaliers, but knew absolutely nothing about SM and wish I had been armed with this information. If it hadn't been for an article in a magazine and for the Cavaliertalk site, I would not have been aware of SM at all. Thanks for taking the time to design and implement such an informative site.

I have been tinkering with the website ( www.cavalierpuppy.co.uk ) and have added a little bit more advice on 'Buyers Beware' and the health certificates on the 'Health Problems' page can now be enlarged.

I have added a blog.................How did it happen? , which starts:-

"One of the most puzzling things to Cavalier breeders is how the neurological disease syringomyelia ( SM ) suddenly seems to have become so widespread in the breed?"

There is a ( moderated ) comment box, so I am hoping to get a few interesting points of view.

My cavalier puppy advice website is now up and running

I have been tinkering with the website ( www.cavalierpuppy.co.uk ) and have added a little bit more advice on 'Buyers Beware' and the health certificates on the 'Health Problems' page can now be enlarged.

I have added a blog.................How did it happen? , which starts:-

"One of the most puzzling things to Cavalier breeders is how the neurological disease syringomyelia ( SM ) suddenly seems to have become so widespread in the breed?"

There is a ( moderated ) comment box, so I am hoping to get a few interesting points of view.

MY CAVALIER PUPPY ADVICE WEBSITE IS NOW UP AND RUNNING.

The New additional Comments do give Food for Thought.

Bet

MY CAVALIER PUPPY ADVICE WEBSITE IS NOW UP AND RUNNING.

The New additional Comments do give Food for Thought.

Bet

Thank you Bet for putting in a comment.

I intend to use the blog to comment a little on cavalier breed club politics, the secrecy that surrounds the new health council, progress on health research, the urgent need for the promised official heart scheme. All the same old stuff that can be so boring but is so necessary if the future health of our cavaliers is to be improved.

I am hoping that some of the breeders that so bitterly complain they have no right of reply on this forum will take the chance to engage in (polite) discussion on the comment section of the blog.

If anyone here wants to join in, then please do.

Leaflet

Looks a really useful site, Margaret - well done and thank you.

What I really need is a card that I can carry in my pocket and give out to the many people who ask me where they can get a Cavalier puppy - just a nice picture and links to your site and Cavalier Matters. Might it be possible for someone to design and organise it and then sell them in aid of Rupert's Fund? I know I haven't got time at the moment (because of work), but I really need something!

Kate, Oliver and Aled

Have put a leaflet together, if anyone would like any, please let me know.

5517246950_7ca20db7d6.jpg

I'm tickled pink ( and mauve and lavender, however you care to describe the colours ) at the leaflets.

Like Ruperts Fund, Tania's awareness raising efforts for our cavaliers are wonderful illustrations of what determined pet owners can achieve.

I will look forward to handing these out from the beautifully designed stall that Tania takes round to events.

I think the next outing may be the London Pet Show at Olympia in May.....
http://www.londonpetshow.co.uk/, :c*t::d*g: or are you booked in for any others, Tania?

Last edited:
Back