• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Cav tied to leg of kitchen table in wet & cold : (

theresa d

Just had a major eye opener! Spotted a little blen cav,probably no more than a year old,tied to the leg of a kitchen table by its lead,in the front garden of a house in my nearest town,horrified! It is out in the cold and rain,wet and shivering! I could have cried for the poor thing. I was at work at the time but made a call to the local WSPCA who only have an answer machine so I left a message for them with the address and left my details also. Really hope someone calls to check on it. I drove back a second time myself and poor pet was still there. How can people do this!

That's terrible, makes me so angry. I'd follow up the call to see if there's progress. If I was there I'd go speak to them. Please keep us updated

You can also call the ISPCA cruelty line. They cannot keep a dog outside like that without shelter.

Yes, that's cruelty. Good idea to follow up or call ISPCA, they always answer phone calls.

I'd hate to see ANY kind of dog in that situation, but it would definitely be heartbreaking to see a Cavalier!

My previous neighbors used to leave their Rottweiler tied up all day outside. There was no shade in the yard, and he'd spend all day tied to a rock, even in the heat of the summer. It upset me on so many levels! Not only was it cruel to him, it was going to forever change who he was. They obviously weren't training him, and didn't care enough about him to make other arrangements, so I feared he was going to be turn out to be the kind of Rottie that gives the breed a bad name, which is a real shame. I was so relieved when they moved, but still sad for the dog.

Doesn't matter who you are, either. These people were millionaires. :(

Keep us posted! I will keep my fingers crossed that the weather turns better there, too.

I have a friend who went to the door of the house in a situation similar to this and offered to 'buy' the dog for a couple hundred dollars. Yep, they took her up on it. Really sad eh? But, at least now the dog has a home where he is MORE than loved and has his own spot on the couch with his new momma and daddy.

So sad

:( I would never ever leav my cavalier let alone any other dog outside for any amount of time unattended. That is so mean and cruel. Some people should not have pets or children. Idiots!!!!

My heart is breaking. :( I only leave Brooklyn out, with shelter, with treats and toys and kongs, when its not pouring and then again only for an hour or two! And, she certainly isnt tied up! ugh, the thought of it breaks my heart :cry*ing:

Shame on them.

That's really heartbreaking!!
I really can't stand people that mistreat their pets. What's the point in having a pet if you're not going to look after and care for it?! People really do surprise me with their level of cruelty.
I hope the right authorities sort this out.

That's so awful :( I hope the local or ISPCA acted on this. Sadly I think this is something we're going to see more and more as people come under financial strain and those who were able to choose to stay at home with kids and pets can no longer do so and aren't capable of making alternative arrangements.

Not that that's any form of an excuse or even likely to be the cause in this case but it's horrific. The poor little pup.

I cannot bear the thought that this poor little angel may still be in the clutches of these monsters:(

how terrible, it is also a good way to have someone come and steal your dog! my neighbor behind me leaves their dog out 24 hours a day 7 days a week. we live in hawaii so it is never too cold but it does get warm. her only shade is from the eves of the house and she lays on hard cement all day. she whines on and off all day she is so lonely. I do give her treats across the fence she is so sweet and thankful for them. it makes me wonder why people like this even get a dog.

how terrible, it is also a good way to have someone come and steal your dog! my neighbor behind me leaves their dog out 24 hours a day 7 days a week. we live in hawaii so it is never too cold but it does get warm. her only shade is from the eves of the house and she lays on hard cement all day. she whines on and off all day she is so lonely. I do give her treats across the fence she is so sweet and thankful for them. it makes me wonder why people like this even get a dog.

I have neighbours like that too, too many of them. I've nicknamed our estate 'Dog Prison'. I just don't understand how people get a dog and lock them up in the back garden. If someone did that to their child he would be taken away by the authorities and the parents would get the book thrown at them. It's so frustrating and beyond sad. :cry*ing:

I have neighbours like that too, too many of them. I've nicknamed our estate 'Dog Prison'. I just don't understand how people get a dog and lock them up in the back garden. If someone did that to their child he would be taken away by the authorities and the parents would get the book thrown at them. It's so frustrating and beyond sad. :cry*ing:

Desrae, I couldn't agree more. I just do not understand WHY they bother to get a dog and treat it like that....why bother. I just don't understand some people:(

Really sorry havnt been on here in ages! I private mailed someone but sorry can't remember the name! I've been back several times to check on the poor dog and I havnt seen it out but my collegue went past during the week only to find it tied to table again,she rang me straight away and she logged a call with the wspca herself. I really hope they checked this out as I too cant stop thinking about it! The table is still there with a bowl under it so unfortunatly it looks like its a regular thing. If I get no good from this I will certainly take Karlins advice and ring the main ISPCA number. I have to say I would be afraid to approach the people myself so I can only hope that the relavent people will do their job! Keep you posted!

Back