• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

I must force myself to stop reading the "In Memoriam" posts

Erin2854

I am incredibly sensitive and emotionally just can't handle them. They are often such beautiful tributes but they just break my heart and I end up crying every single time and it just makes me so sad. I know it's something that all pet parents must face someday but just the thought of ever losing my girl is just unbearable-I feel that I would just lose my mind in sadness, we have no children and she is my world. I would go to the ends of the earth for her if I had to! She is not yet 2, so (God willing) we still have many many years to spend together. The pictures and stories of those who have passed is just too hard for me to read :(

I am incredibly sensitive and emotionally just can't handle them. They are often such beautiful tributes but they just break my heart and I end up crying every single time and it just makes me so sad.spend together. The pictures and stories of those who have passed is just too hard for me to read :(

U know what Erin. I have the same problem. Everytime I see one pop op I hesitate for a sec. Part of me wants to be there for the parents loss,but it's just so confronting.. I don't think it's healthy/necessary to feel that way, twice a week or so... I think there's others on this board better equipped, emotionally than me. :)
Ofcourse if its a board member I know thats totally different. But often it's about dogs I haven't personally had the honor of getting to know through this board. Which doesnt make it any less sad. I cry everytime too. I think we will all deal with it enough when it's our time, and you know whats best for you. If you cant read the posts and it doesnt feel right, than dont. Nobody will blame you...

Back