• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Kipling, my new Powder Puff rescue, with Dylan and Poppy.

*Pauline*

This is how well they get on in just 3 days.
My new rescue Powder Puff boy, Kipling with Dylan and Poppy.
5490342504_bf4ed54648.jpg

Kipling and Poppy.
5490340720_0ed96bfeda.jpg

It's a long story but this is how I found Chris who helps run The Little Dog Rescue and acquired both Poppy and Kipling.

Last year, someone posted here about a beautiful Cavalier bitch being offered for free on a website. Members were worried she could end up in a puppy farm. Lots of us, including the rescue, applied for her just to get her into a safe place but I actually wanted her. I asked Chris, if the rescue managed to get her, would she consider my application. Sadly no one got a reply from the website advertising the free dog.

A few days passed and trying to keep positive, I decided perhaps it was a good thing, no more Cavaliers for me, because of health problems...I asked Chris about a little Yorkie cross but he was spoken for. Then Chris phoned me and offered me Poppy. I couldn't resist her and had her tuck up with me a week later!!

I've been feeling a bit low and lonely lately, even with two dogs and my son at home. I decided I'd prefer a dog to a boyfriend!! All my dogs fill different little gaps in my life! I started my search on The Little Dog Rescue. I found a different Powder Puff who didn't have his face shaved, he looked a lot like a terrier, very beautiful. I asked Chris about him. Chris said he wouldn't suit me, he was in training because he used to be crated all day by his original owner and would bite. Yet again, Chris hand picked me the perfect pooch, another Powder Puff in a foster home in Derbyshire. Khan, as he was called then, needed to be neutered. The rescue is experiencing low funds so I thought I'd save them the price of a neuter I just went and got him.

I got on really well with the foster mum in Derbyshire. We met her and Kipling on the Thursday, slept over in a hotel and picked him up the next day. We chatted away in her really amazing house decorated in shabby chic antiques and kitsch, I loved it! We got on so well I gave her a bunch of flowers and a hug and left forgetting to pay for Kipling! I sent the rescue a cheque promptly Monday morning!

Last edited:
Well done, Pauline - been following you on TLDR forum as well!

Do hope your new little family bring you much joy, as I'm sure they will :wggle:

I love the new pictures & story!

Tell me more about the "Powder Puff" I have never heard of them! Do they have the same personality has Cavaliers?

Do they have the same personality has Cavaliers?

I've heard they are even more affectionate! Kipling is closer to Poppy's personality, always up for loving! I just have to sit down and Poppy and Kipling are on my lap. Dylan usually joins in last.

I was surprised when I found out the Powder Puff is a variety of Chinese Crested. Around here you typically see the hairless Chinese Crested in ugly dog contests. You don't see many Powder Puffs, but Kipling is GORGEOUS!!

And it looks like he has fit in perfectly with your pack. I couldn't be happier for you Pauline!! :)

Thanks Lani. he really is a sweetheart, very gentle and elegant. So far all I've taught him is "kiss"!!! Well you know me, soppy to the core!

Saw my first long haired Chinese Crested (power puff) last weekend. He was white with black and only 7 months old .... and what a beautiful dog and so very friendly.

Your canine family looks so happy and content.

Kip is a lovely looking boy Pauline. I don't envy you with all the grooming now with three long coated doglets. I have enough a problem with Chaos, give me my nakkies any day.:p

I'm enjoying the grooming Judy. I wish Cavaliers didn't moult! Haven't given Kipling a shower yet as he smelt so lovely when I picked him up from kate. I'm a bit worried he'll tangle up as soon as he hits water!

Back