Thread: Good News

Post Thanks / Like

Default Good News

So we went back to the vet today to get Leo's anal glands checked, he had an infection and has had 2 weeks of antibiotics. The good news is all is now clear and he doesnt need them "Washed out" under anaestetic like before
    Im so relieved.

The vet we saw was wonderful. We had a really good chat about the general health of the cavalier. She's very knowledgable about the issues with this breed.
    She said it would be a devastating shame if the health issues are not sorted out as in her opinion the cavalier is one of the only breeds for people who simply want a loving well tempered companion Excellent for families with small children and the elderly alike.

The really good news is she has a 10 year old cavi on her books who is still heart murmour free, and really healthy. She really hopes this is a growing trend and seemed quite positive there is hope for the future.
    Mel
    Momma to Leonardo (Leo to his friends)

Post Thanks / Like

That's great news. Hope Leo's troubles are over for good.
    Kathleen
    Thomas (tri-colour) & Jade (blenheim) waiting at the Bridge

Post Thanks / Like

Glad to hear he's all better
    Paula - mum to Murphy(6) & Misty(7), and Jerry our cat.

Post Thanks / Like

Default I am so glad to have this site

I would NEVER have known about anal gland issues! I thought I was doing good to keep up with matting, healthy ears and eyes, diet, etc. Being a Cavvie mom means "ever watchful"

Post Thanks / Like

That is wonderful! Great news.

Brooklyn has anal glads that fill up all the time! I notice a butt drag about every four-six weeks...and with no worms present, I am always off to the vet and she expresses them, and they are always full! Poor girl...at only 19 weeks, it looks like she will need hers expressed quite often

Glad to hear Leo is on the up and up!