• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

Good News

meljoy

So we went back to the vet today to get Leo's anal glands checked, he had an infection and has had 2 weeks of antibiotics. The good news is all is now clear and he doesnt need them "Washed out" under anaestetic like before:razz:
Im so relieved.

The vet we saw was wonderful. We had a really good chat about the general health of the cavalier. She's very knowledgable about the issues with this breed.
She said it would be a devastating shame if the health issues are not sorted out as in her opinion the cavalier is one of the only breeds for people who simply want a loving well tempered companion:p Excellent for families with small children and the elderly alike.

The really good news is she has a 10 year old cavi on her books who is still heart murmour free, and really healthy. She really hopes this is a growing trend and seemed quite positive there is hope for the future.

I am so glad to have this site

I would NEVER have known about anal gland issues! I thought I was doing good to keep up with matting, healthy ears and eyes, diet, etc. Being a Cavvie mom means "ever watchful"

That is wonderful! Great news.

Brooklyn has anal glads that fill up all the time! I notice a butt drag about every four-six weeks...and with no worms present, I am always off to the vet and she expresses them, and they are always full! Poor girl...at only 19 weeks, it looks like she will need hers expressed quite often :(

Glad to hear Leo is on the up and up!

Back