Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Do Cav's markings grow with age?

Post Thanks / Like

Still very beautiful though!

Post Thanks / Like

i love that everything im wondering happens to have been talked about or asked on this board.
    Ive already posted my puppy pictures in another topic in the puppy board..but for quick refrence..
    http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?s...3&l=10579c3ae2
    ive been eyeing one or two pups (i dont know which i get, only know its one of the 4 females) for their makrings on their sides..but i was eyeing their masks..some of them are just around the eyes alone..and some go up twards their forheads
    do you guys think the ones with the masks around eyes alone (smaller masks i guess) will fill in more?
    Oliver and Max and Meeko man, i will meet you at the Rainbow bridge. I love you all. Miss you more then you'll ever know.
    wait for me...
    Chelsea

Post Thanks / Like

The "kiss, thumbprint, queen's thumbprint" has a history/story all its own. Here's an interesting link http://cavalierplanet.com/articles/myths.htm

I was told the story of a nervious queen waiting at home for her beloved husband who was leading the battle of Blehiem. She was so worried she took to petting her little "red and white" spainel as comfort. The dog was pregnant and when all the puppies were born they all had a perfect "red" marking on the tops of their heads which became known as the queen's thumbprint. Its a nice story but....
    Melissa
    "If you don't own a dog, at least one, there is not necessarily anything wrong with you, but there may be something wrong with your life."
    -Roger Caras

Post Thanks / Like

Butters' markings filled out a bit on the eyes and his head. He still has his little kiss Here is a comparison of him as a young puppy vs now...

Baby butters by LSidari, on Flickr

IQ7R6962 by LSidari, on Flickr

IQ7R6958 by LSidari, on Flickr

IQ7R7035 by LSidari, on Flickr

Post Thanks / Like

[IMG][/IMG] This is Fletcher at 3 weeks old.

[IMG][/IMG] At 6 weeks old

[IMG][/IMG] At 12 weeks meeting the boys for the first time.

[IMG][/IMG] At 5 months

I think his marking are perfect I am extremely happy how they are growing in. Someone told me his one brown/red leg pictured in this last photo is called a show leg. All the others are white. Whatever if he turned purple tomorrow (and its wasn't because he was ill) I won't care.
    Melissa
    "If you don't own a dog, at least one, there is not necessarily anything wrong with you, but there may be something wrong with your life."
    -Roger Caras

Post Thanks / Like

Following up on the thumbprint - technically called a lozenge - the rubbing story is about Sarah Churchill, whose husband John was the hero of the battle of Blenheim. He was made Duke of Marlborough and had Blenheim Palace (near Oxford) built for him as a reward. For a couple of hundred years, the Marlboroughs bred little red and white spaniels on their estate, hence the name for the colour in our Cavaliers.

A couple of years ago the Cavalier Club held a weekend at Blenheim Palace - fun day on Saturday, championship show on Sunday. I went along with my two on the Saturday and had a really nice day, sitting in the sun talking to friends within sight of Blenheim Palace. Aled is a Blenheim (with a lozenge) and I've always wanted to take my Blenheim Cavalier to Blenheim Palace!

Kate, Oliver and Aled