• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

My Sweet Little Jenny is Gone and I am Heartbroken.

Thank you all for your kind support. I recognize that many of you have lost a companion before and you understand how devestating her loss has been. We will be lodging a formal complaint at the vet's office when we go to pick up her ashes. Right now though, I am struggling to get through a day without crying and blaming myself for giving her the new medication without asking more questions or doing more research.
It tears my heart out to know that she is gone.
Thank you all again.

Jenny's story is truly a sad one, I felt just awful reading about what happened. To be honest, I don't think the vet would have sent you two home if he really didn't feel there was an emergency..I bet he must feel awful too :(

Still, as a precaution for others, it would be wonderful to have this looked into for the protection of other people's pets.

In a way, perhaps Jenny was meant for this, one little dog to save several others.

RIP sweet girl.

Don't torture yourself with the "what ifs". You did what you thought was the best thing for Jenny at that time. You were listening to the advice of a vet. Take the blaming yourself and turn it into things you have learned from this horrible experience. You will now be better prepared to ask more questions or do more research if such an event happens again.
In the meantime it is so normal to miss your little girl and mourn her death. However try and take some solace in all the happy memories and love she brought to your heart.
It will get better in time. The heart heals but does not forget.

Hello, you can't keep blaming yourself or you will go mad. It is natural to be full of remorse and questioning your judgement, but you put your trust in the hands of the experts, like 99.9% of us would have done. I echo the earlier sentiment that the vet must also have regrets. I have always been brought up on the adage, that anyone who has not made mistakes, has not done anything. Judgement and choices must be gained from experiences in many horrible situations. Again, I am really sorry for your traumatic and sudden loss, our thoughts are with you. In time, reading back over these posts will help you, they have with our loss.

Kind Regards

Back