• If you're a past member of the board, but can't recall your password any more, you don't need to set up a new account (unless you wish to). As long as you recall your old login name, you can log in with that user name then select 'forgot password' and the board will email you at your registration email, to let you reset your password.

New insurer in USA getting good reviews... anyone using them?

I have not heard of them but after looking it over it does look pretty good! Seems like it might be a little more expensive than Petplan, I did a quote and for $100 deductible and 90% coverage and its $42 a month. I'm currenly paying $36 for the same deductible and 100% coverage. Petplan has also covered the office visits for the claims I made ( healthypaws says they don't cover them)They also have a $25,000 lifetime limit, Petplan's is either $8,000, $12,000 or $20,000 and thats per year, not lifetime. Although I can't imagine needed more than $25,000 a lifetime anyways but I guess you never know. It does say that your premiums will increase yearly (but so does PetPlan's) but doesnt state by how much. Petplan also covers alternative therapies like accupuncture, hydrotherapy and chiropractic. I didn't see these mentioned in Healthypaws coverage unless I didnt catch it. I also read that they do not cover any eye conditions, Petplan does. All in all it looks pretty good...but i'd just stick with PetPlan :)

Thanks Erin2854

I missed the lack of eye coverage... that is definitely not acceptable! The ones that do not increase at all are so pricey and understandably so.:p

I missed the lack of eye coverage... that is definitely not acceptable! The ones that do not increase at all are so pricey and understandably so.:p

I'm also on the verge of pulling the trigger on insurance...narrowed it down to PetPlan or Trupanion. PetPlan's main downer is the increasing premiums with age, whereas Trupanion's is the lack of coverage for hip dysplasia (after the age of 1). I'll probably be going with PetPlan...

Looks like most of us in the same boat...

Would be nice if premiums did not increase so much, but guess we will have to see what happens with PetPlan over time.

Would be nice if premiums did not increase so much, but guess we will have to see what happens with PetPlan over time.

I just purchased a PetPlan policy for Skippy last week. Got a 5% (online) + 10% (microchipped) = 15% total discount. They have other discounts too, but 15% is the max cumulative discount.

Got the 'Bronze' plan which provides for a $8000 annual limit. Also went for the $200 deductible and 100% reimbursement (after deductible). About $29 per month or so for our 1.75 year-old Skippy (no prior medical issues). Also, I paid for the entire year up front, and saved an additional $18.

It's good to finally have peace of mind, now let's hope we don't have to use it for anything to drastic. Knock on wood!

Last edited:
Debra, wondering what you decided for Gracie? I am still debating, but I didn't get those good of quotes ($29 month)......hmmmm, maybe I need to go back and look.

Back